Chapter fifteen

Sorry for not updating in so long. I've been super busy with work and I just finished my school's musical, and my soccer team is currently moving on to the state semifinals so I've been busy with those games as well. 

Anyway I hope you guys like this chapter! Vote and comment to let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Chapter fifteen

I woke up to the bright sunlight and a pounding head ache.

I nearly stumbled down the stairs before getting a glass of water and sitting at the kitchen table. I groaned before putting my head in my hands.

“Hangovers aren’t too fun are they?” Someone said from the doorway.

I turned around and resisted the urge to groan again. “What do you want Jace?”

“I’m Trey.” I turned back to make sure he wasn’t Trey and he laughed. “You even have to make sure.”

“Don’t wanna make the same mistake twice,” I said under my breath.

“What was that?” He breathed in my ear. I jumped at how close he had gotten and cursed myself for not noticing. “What you’d you say?” He continued when I didn’t answer. His breath hit my ear and made me shiver.

“Nothing,” I said pushing myself away from the table and making him take a few steps back. I walked into the living room and noticed that no one else was around. “Where is everyone else?”

He shrugged, “They left.”                                                                                           

“Where?”

“They didn’t say.”

“Or do you just not want to tell me?” I asked crossing my arms.

“A little bit of both,” he smirked.

“Wow you’re so clever,” I said rolling my eyes before shoving past him and walking up the stairs.

I could hear him following behind me but I ignored him. “So what do you want to do today?” He asked overly cheerful.

“Nothing that involves you,” I shot back.

“Aw but I’m so much fun,” he said with mock hurt while putting a hand over his heart.

“Your brother is even more fun,” I said smirking. He stopped dead in his tracks and glared at me.

“That was low.”

“Oh and following behind me and mocking me isn’t?”

“So what do you want to do today?” He asked while ignoring my snide comment.

“Nothing involving you,” I repeated as if he were deaf.

“Lissa…you’re gonna hurt my feelings.”

“Maybe you’ll know how your brother feels.” I snapped at him before slamming my bedroom door in his face.

“It’s not like he actually cared!” He yelled through the door.  I ignored him and sat down on my bed. I heard him sigh before he knocked on the door. “Lissa, I’m sorry. Please come out.”

“Why should I?” I asked stubbornly.

“So we can do something fun.”

“Is your idea of fun yelling at me?”