Chapter seventeen

Sorry it took so long to upload. I hope you like it! Comment and vote to let me know your thoughts because honestly I'm not sure how I feel about it. 

Chapter seventeen

I walked down the stairs still have asleep and was about to sit down at the table before Ian spoke up, “Hey Melissa?” I ignored him and he sighed, “Lissa?”

I looked up not bothering to sit down yet figuring he’d probably ask me to do something. “Yes?”

“Would you mind getting the clothes from the washing machine and putting them in the dryer?” I groaned. “Please?” He begged.

“Fine,” I said letting my held tilt back so I was looking at the ceiling before walking out of the room and towards the laundry room.

“You should walk normally!” Ian called after me.

“Whatever!” I yelled back.

I walked into the laundry room and smelt the strong smell of detergent. I scrunched my eyebrows and was about to look back down before I slipped and landed flat on my back. I lay on the floor shocked with my mouth hanging open as soapy water soaked into my clothes.

I heard laughter and I craned my neck to see Jace doubled over in the hall laughing at me.

“Who the hell did the laundry?” I yelled.

“That would be your brother,” Jace smirked while leaning against the door frame.

“He’s an idiot,” I grumbled as I slowly got back on my feet.

I looked around at the huge mess that had been made it most likely over an hour or so. There were suds all over the room and they were still pouring from the washing machine. They were just getting above my knees.

“You might want to turn that off,” Jace said still grinning.

“Really? I had no idea,” I said sarcastically. “You know what else I could do though?” I asked gathering soap in my hands. “I could do this instead.” I tossed the soap towards him but only half of it hit him.

He flicked it off his t-shirt before looking up at me. “Did you really just do that?” He asked trying to hide his grin.

“It’s possible,” I said shrugging.

He tried to lunge for me but he slipped and landed on his stomach. He pushed himself up and wiped soap from his eyes and spit. I started going into to uncontrollable laughter.

“You think you’re funny?” He said trying not to laugh again.

“You should have seen your face,” I managed to get out in between gasps.

He scooped up some of the bubbles in his hand before he threw them at me. I tried swatting them away but I could tell some of them were caught in my hair.

I shoved him but he caught my arm and pulled me down with him. We both went crashing to the floor making bubbles fly into the air as we both laughed.

He looked down at me and both of us slowly stopped laughing. He started leaning closer but I put my hand on his chest and I turned my head to the side.

“I’m sorry,” I said quietly. “I just need to figure something’s out before I make any choices like that.”

“I understand,” he said offering me a small smile. “Just let me know when you make up your mind. I’ll be waiting, alright?”

“Ok,” I said giving him a small smile of my own.

He got up and started walking towards the door. “Hey,” he said pausing in the doorway. “I know you’re not a huge fan of Dean or anything but he’s having a little get together tonight…he invited us and said you could go. Would you like to?”