The Morning

As my alarm roused me from a soft daze, I opened my eyes to see my beautiful husband still sleeping peacefully beside me. His head, with his copper hair perfectly tousled, was resting gently on my breast, and his arm was spread across my body, holding my waist. After switching off the alarm, I ran my fingers through his hair and then trailed them across his arm, taking my time to adore this perfect man. Then, slowly and carefully, I untangled our bodies - making sure not to disturb him - and tiptoed into the bathroom.

There, I brushed my hair and slipped into a soft, cozy dressing gown, missing  the warmth of Jamie and the cream duvet we slept in. I then made my way downstairs to make his signature coffee and some bacon and eggs for his breakfast. As I was serving up, I heard his footsteps gently descending the stairs.

The god-like figure of my perfect man appeared in the doorway to the kitchen, running a hand through his bed-head hair and stretching. As he did so, the bottom of his dark grey t-shirt rode up slightly, so that the tiny trail of hair running down his stomach was made visible. This man was truly perfect. Lazily, he walked over to me standing beside the kitchen counter, and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling my body close. His head nestled in my neck and I smelt his perfect Jamie Dornan smell as I hugged him back. We didn't need to say any words to each other in this moment, we both knew that we could just stay exactly like this forever.

After a few seconds, my husband pulled back to cup my face and plant a tender kiss on my lips.

"Good morning, baby.", he whispered, his dark grey eyes gazing lovingly into my own.

"Good morning, darling. Did you sleep well?"

"I always do with you.", he smiled, sitting down at the table to eat his breakfast. Before he could ask, I set out his morning newspaper to read and kissed his cheek, before heading back to the bedroom to lay out his shirt, tie, trousers and suit jacket for work today. Then, I slipped out of my nightie and into a little floral dress and a pair of small red heels. I went into the bathroom and finished off getting ready, before emerging to find my husband looking jaw-droppingly handsome in his black suit. I walked over to him and straightened up his tie and collar, before kissing him goodbye and watching him get into his car and drive to work.

Jamie would not be back until 6pm tonight, so it gave me lots of time to make the house lovely and prepare a delicious tea for him to enjoy after all of his hard work at the office.