14 // "She Glances Down And Realises It's Yet Another Nude That Has Been Sent"

14.

Blessing fails to catch on rather embarrassingly what the excitement is in one of Nathan's seminars. Somehow, she managed to drag this gigantic muscular body down to campus and she's regretting it with every minute that passes. Most of Nathan's friends in his seminars and lectures she finds are not as annoying and sexist as she assumed and finds them exceptionally hilarious.

Half way through the seminar one of the boys nudges her with their foot and points under the table to their phone. She glances down languidly and realises its yet another nude that has been sent and she simply rolls the eyes and turns back to the front of the class room,

"Isn't this the girl you used to fuck back in secondary school?" The boy whispers through fits of giggles. Bewildered, Blessing snatches the boy's phone out of his hands and glowers at the phone under the table. The heart stops beating inside of the chest for a second and the mouth goes stale as she realises what she is gazing down at,

"Oh, that's Blessing. She's got a banging body," another boy interrupts Blessing's startled thoughts from across the table but she can't even bring herself to tear her eyes away from the screen. Her and Nathan were not on middle ground and they certainly wouldn't get on any but this was even a low blow for him. Tears begin pricking at the corners of the eyes and with shaky hands, Blessing hands the phone back to the boy and simply turns back to the front of the class room.

A bile forms in the throat as the boys on the table chatter between themselves, and she hears her name being dropped into the conversation a couple of times. Her deep worry are those nasty boys that always seemed to pester her whenever she was on campus and she wonders wildly whether they have confronted Nathan. How did he react? What did he say? Did he invite one of them back to her room? Blessing made it a thing not to be intimidated by men but those group of boys were notorious for their illegal and non-consensual shenanigans.

A frightful surge finds Blessing packing the books away and she removes herself from the class noisily, uncaring of the curious eyes. She most likely knows Nathan's face has gone red and she wishes that she was in her own skin which hid her embarrassment from the world. In a matter of minutes, she is back in Nathan's room on the knees, face face down on the bed as she breathes in and out. He's purposefully not done sent it to her because he wanted her to find out from everyone else. How could he do this? She thought they were becoming friends.

Again, she let herself be tricked and deceived by Nathan. This time he didn't need his alluring green eyes, his cheeky mischievous smile or his sultry silky words. He simply did by gazing up at her through her own brown bambi eyes. Why did she allow herself to believe that he was being mean simply because he respected her? Sure, he said some horrible stuff to her, and he was jarring at the best of times but that honestly didn't mean he was actively trying to sabotage her. She'd slept with a couple of girls but that was more curiosity than cruelty and contempt.

Blessing feels the heart splintering inside of her chest and she's not sure of what else can be done. Nathan wants to destroy her integrity and pride and she'll do the same. The most important thing Blessing is aware of that Nathan values is his faith, body and family. Creaking upwards from the floor, Blessing calmly gazes around Nathan's room, picks up his laptop and drops it out of the window and watches as it smashes and splinters on the concrete pavement startling some passer-by's.

Carefully, Blessing reaches round and removes his phone from the back pocket and unlocks it and flicks through before stopping and smiling down cruelly. Tapping on the name, she waits as the phone rings and a burst of excitement surges through the body when she hears what she believes to be his mother,

"Oh goodness mum, have I missed you...," she begins, her voice dripping with sweetness and sensitivity.