Rhea

History is said to be written by the victors. They could twist any information they wanted, any events they wanted, to be the righteous party in wars and conflicts. The victors could have been the aggressors, the villains, but history would show them as the victims who only retaliated once coming under attack.

     As I looked at my mother, I realized that Zeus was the victor for this portion of history. He had held no ill will towards our mother and made stories up on how she helped him survive under our father's cruel rule. I knew that was far from the truth, but again the victor's always wrote history.

"How do you know of me?" Rhea asked me in intrigue. 

"Rhea, mother of Zeus. Everyone knows of you. How are you alive?" I asked before dropping the sword on the ground. I wasn't going to raise a blade in front of my mother, regardless of the fact that she didn't recognize me. Zoe quickly picked up the sword and pointed it at me unsurely. 

"Call it pity, boy. I'm alive because of pity. I've heard of you as well. The Restorer?" Rhea began with a somber smile. "What will you restore, boy, while making alliances with the Olympians?" 

"Order," I replied simply and glanced at Zoe. She was my sister, I realized and couldn't help but smirk. She was older than me, one of the children who had set out on their own before I was born. She had come back to Rhea's side no doubt after learning about our brother's transgression. "This world is broken. I intend to restore order. My alliance with the dregs are none of your concern." 

Rhea studied me silently. I could feel her gaze latching on to my form as I helped Denit. Denit looked past me and whispered,

"You're Rhea? Zeus's mother?" 

"I'm also Zoe's mother but it seems as if I'll always be remembered for the actions of my eldest," Rhea smiled sadly. 

"You said you needed my help," I changed the subject quickly. I could see that the mere mention of my brother was causing my aged mother an immense amount of pain. The son she had held on such a high pedestal had twisted the teachings bestowed upon him for his own selfish gain. He had forsaken his own kind to rule over the ignorant. Rhea's gaze continued to follow me once I turned around to face her. Had she recognized me, even though every fiber of my being had changed?

"I don't know who you are or where you come from, Restorer, but you have done GREAT things in such a small time frame. We have been battling the Olympians, my son, for centuries," Rhea began before shaking her head. 

"We need to get going, Mother," Zoe whispered quickly as one of her scouts returned. "Athena has descended from Olympus." 

"That meddlesome child," Rhea sighed and glanced at me. "Join me, Restorer. I have much to discuss with you." 

Denit glanced at me apprehensively and I sighed before whispering, "I'll join you, but you must guarantee that my friend is free to go." 

"Of course," Rhea nodded and shifted her attention to Denit. "Neither of you are my prisoner, child." 

"Go home. Inform your mother that you are alright. I'll meet up with you when I can," I instructed Denit.

"Zro-," Denit began and I noticed how my mother quickly turned.

"Go. Don't argue. Show your speed and stay safe," I whispered quickly and watched the younger jinni nod and disappear in a flash. My mother seemed to brush off what she had nearly heard and returned to talking to my sister. A few moments later, we wordlessly set off to wherever my mother had hid her community.