Chapter 5

Note to Reader: Sorry this is late!  Things are so hectic right now.  Anyway, just a quick update- A Curvy Mate for Christmas is still available in Kindle Unlimited for subscribers and on Amazon for a dollar.  Unfortunately, it is exclusive to Amazon because it's one of the rules to be in KU.  Sigh.  But if you don't buy on Amazon, I'm still taking reviewers if you'd like to sign up- just email me with REVIEWER as the subject (dawnwilderbooks(at)yahoo.com).

Also, Reaver's Mate (Gay Werewolf Romance) should be available soon :).

****

Jordan

As soon as I got home, I started stripping to get in the shower.

I didn't have a whole lot of time to mess around here.

After the shower, which included shaving everything important, I opened my closet and looked around.

It wasn't every day that I was invited to something black tie, but it had happened a couple times before for work.

I pulled out the long, dark green gown that I had set aside for those occasions.

It had been a definite splurge, but I'd already worn it a couple times.

Did it really justify the price tag?

No. But that was my story and I was sticking to it, thank you very much.

Besides, it made my boobs look amazing.

I pulled on my nice lacy thong, something I only pulled out when my outfit would show underwear lines. And I couldn't wear a bra with the dress.

Then I started on my makeup, doing the full shebang with dramatic liner and a red lip. I curled my hair and brushed it out so I'd have waves and then parted it to the side, pinning it back on one side with a crystal hair comb my mother had given me.

I stepped into the dress and pulled it up, adjusting the straps over my shoulders and my breasts in the bra that was built in.

A simple black heeled sandal and my black clutch and I was done.

I did a check in the full length mirror on my closet door.

I wasn't a model, but I wouldn't embarrass myself tonight.

Satisfied, I walked out to the living room and glanced at the clock.

Still had ten minutes to spare.

My phone rang.

And it was my mother.

Sighing, I picked it up, pretty sure what this was going to be about.

"You'redoing a story on Curt Beckett and you still haven't called me?"

"Hi Mom."

"Don't'hi Mom' me! What is he like? Is he as handsome in person? Is he tall? Oh, I hope he's tall! It would be a shame if he was shorter than you."

"He's...normal-ish. Yes, he's handsome, and no he's not shorter than me. Not that that matters."

"Nonsense! There's no ring on his finger and you're a beautiful woman with a good head on her shoulders."

"And you're kind of biased," I said, smiling despite myself.

"It'snot biased if it's true."

And then she went rambling off about all my accomplishments.

I made appropriate sounds as I got a glass of water and drank.

This was why I always invested in long-wearing lipstick.