#26

"Lets end each other's lonely nights, be each other's paradise.."
~Justin Bieber, Company

*****

"I'm really thankful to you for taking good care of him so far."

"Yes, yes i hav..yes." Nandini walked towards the windows while talking on the phone.

"Don't worry about that, sir. That will be taken care of."

"Okay. Yep. Okay! Have a good night!" She hung up as soon as she noticed Manik walking down into the room looking absolutely mouth-watering in a simple white t-shirt with grey tracks, his hair wet and a wet towel in his hand, drying his hair.

"Who were you talking to?" He asked her as he dumped the towel on the bed before walking to her. He wrapped his arms arounds her from the back, pulling her back against his chest, digging his face in her slightly wet hair.

"A really nice man" She said, trying to suppress her smile.

His hold on her tightened before he turned her around so she was facing him, his hand on either side of her body, just a couple of inches of distant between their bodies.

"Who?" He said, clenching his jaw, his brown eyes capturing hers.

Nandini smiled, snaking her arms around his neck.

"Mr. Parker" She said, smiling at him.

Manik looked confused for a second before he sighed, closing his eyes and resting his forehead against hers.

"I love you." He said.

"I'm still hungry, you know." She pointed out.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked her as he took his phone from her hands and dialling a number, not moving an inch away from her.

Not that she was complaining.

He smelt like heaven.

"Home made food." She said, taking the cell from Manik's grasp and hanging up on whoever he was calling.

"But-." He stated.

"I'm making dinner!" She stated, moving away from him.

"What? No way! You're not cooking anything right now! You need to rest!" He said, worry clear in his voice.

"Manik! I'm fine!" She whined.

Manik nodded his head in a no.

"I'm making food. If you don't want it, fine!" She said, stomping downstairs towards the kitchen.

Manik sighed before making his way to his study to attend to some of his work.

She looked around the kitchen for all the available options before settling on pancakes.

She grabbed the pancake mix and mixed it with milk and started whipping at it with a wooden spoon, making it smooth and adding some crushed chocolate chip to it.

She was waiting for it to completely cook, suddenly feeling cold due to her clothing. She was standing a tank top and pajamas her hair tied up in a loose messy bun, the skin on her hands having goosebumps due to the cold.

Suddenly, she felt a pair of arms wind around her waist, his hands resting on her stomach. She welcomed his scent and the warmth radiating off his body as she leaned back into his well-built chest, his nose dug in her hair.

"I missed you." He said, his voice muffled due to the positioning of his head, making Nandini laugh.

She flipped the pancake over before turning around in his arms to face him.

"I missed you too" She said against his lips, biting it, making him groan. His hands went around her waist, pressing his body to hers, his hands on her waist, hers tangled in his hair.

Nandini pulled back before it turned anymore intense. She didn't want her pancake to burn.

She turned around and lifted the pancake off the pan before adding some more butter and batter to the pan. She turned around to face him when she was done. He hadn't moved an inch.

"So" She said

Manik spared her a glance, indicating that he was listening, before digging his face in the crook of her neck.

Her hands went to his think, silky hair, softly untangling the small knots, caressing his hair, inhaling the mind-blowing scent of his body wash and shampoo.

"Mr. Parker told me that you don't eat healthy and that you hardly eat at home." She said. He shrugged.

"Manik, eating healthy is extremely important! You have such amazing chefs working for you! Why don't you eat what they make? They can make the most complicated dished with ease! Why don't you-"

"They have everything. They have the perfect flavour, the perfect texture, the perfect everything. But there is something they lack." He said, looking into her eyes.

Nandini urged him to continue.

"Love. All the food i have ever had, it had lacked love. It had lacked the affection attached to it. The chefs only cook because they are paid for it! Eating the dishes made by the chefs remind me of my childhood. Before everything was ruined, when she actually cared for me and loved me, the plainest of dishes she made were 100 times better than the dishes the chefs make, because she loved me and she wanted me to eat and enjoy the food, and trust me, I did! But after dad's accident, when everything started falling part, i had to learn to cook for myself and for my dad. And I was never a good cook! For all those years i had cooked for myself, i had only had mostly burnt food, before i actually started earning enough money to buy food. And that food and every dish that I've so far till a few days ago, was all made in exchange of money. But then you cooked. For me. For nothing and no body else but me. And just knowing that made all the difference. When you cook, you put the right amount of everything, everything. And I can safely say that you are the best cook. Ever!"

He said kissing the back of her palm before kissing her fingers, his eyes teary.

Nandini wiped his tears away before pecking his lips. She asked him to sit on bar stools surrounding the marble kitchen island before putting a plate consisting of two pancakes in front him, pouring some warm chocolate syrup on top before hopping onto a bar stool opposite his. She grabbed a fork and tore a piece of pancake and blew on it a little before bringing it to his lips which automatically parted, letting her stuff the bite in.

She fed him before feeding herself, enjoying the silence.

And as for Manik, he was having the time of his life with the his life feeding him the best pancakes he had ever tasted.

~

"Nandini, I haven't yet told you the whole truth" He said nervously, wiping the chocolate off her lower lip with his thumb when they were done with the food.

Nandini looked at him curiously as she dumped the dishes in the sink and washed her hands.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

❇❇❇❇❇

🎄2 MORE DAYS TO CHRISTMAS🎄

Please forgive the typos.
Yo! I really really really hope that you liked this chapter, if you did, please please please vote and comment as it means a lot to me!

Stay blessed!

#okthanksbye