#31

~2263~

I'm so caught up with homework and school. I'm extremely sorry for the delay!🙇

*****

"I knew I loved you then
But you'd never know
'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go
I know I needed you
But I never showed
But I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go"
~Say You Won't Let Go, James Arthur

---

"You didn't actually have to do this you know" Nandini said amused.

Back in San Diego, Manik had asked Nandini to say the first shopping place she could think of and she had blurted out something she shouldn't have. But now, here they were, back in Manhattan, New York City, in one of the most famous and expensive shopping places in the world, the Fifth Avenue.

"I didn't know you were this famous" Nandini said to him and laughed out looking at something, sucking at the straw of her mocha. With extra whipped cream on it.

He looked at her, her sweet laughing chiming in his ears, a smile making its way on his face as all his focus turned to the beautiful, sexy woman walking next him, an arm linked with his. Her eyes were twinkling, her beautiful smile wide over her lips, showing her teeth as she spared him a glance before continuing to look at something and laugh, throwing her head back, the wind playing with her hair, slightly kissing her face, her scent giving him nothing but peace.

That cream was whipped.

Just like him.

His gaze slowly followed hers, curious to know what made her laugh so much. His eyes widened in horror when he noticed girls, ages probably ranging from their teens to their late thirties, posing for pictures being clicked by their friends, right next to him.

Well, not him exactly but his picture on the cover of a magazine that had been maximized and put out for advertisement. As far as he could see, it was working, as he saw girls flocking around that particular store. He didn't know what they wanted to buy so bad. And he didn't even want to know.

In the picture he was standing with one hand stuck in his pocket, the other sitting on an expensive looking swiveling chair, the background looking vintage, in his three piece, shiny Armani suit with polished black shoes, his hair gelled and his clothes perfectly ironed, his face blank and tough with slight stubble covering his jaw staring right at them, his eyes full of emptiness.

His staring competition with his own self was interrupted by a small, soft hand tugging at him. He turned to find Nandini staring up at him with amusement in her eyes.

"Watcha lookin' at?" She asked him, grinning, her eyes twinkling.

Manik nodded sideways, clearing his head as looked straight ahead at the crowded fifth avenue lit up with lights, a huge Christmas tree decorated and lit up in the centre. The atmosphere was lively as people buzzed around them.

It was around 0 degrees, but there was no snow. The air was so cold you could see white vapours leaving your mouth or nose every time you spoke or exhale. They were all warm and comfortable in their coats and scarves and gloves. It was around 4 in the evening and sky was beginning to darken. The traffic though, was all the same, taxi cabs and cars stuck in traffic, people honking and swearing and everyone and everything. The side walks were extremely crowded with shoppers and walkers, some street-side artists showcasing their talents as people gathered around them to watch.

Nandini had tossed her empty cup of coffee into the trash and now her other hand gripped on his bicep as she looked around, taking everything in.

The high end stores alongside the sidewalk were huge and magnificently lit, expensive items sitting on their windows, showing off their latest collection and attracting customers.