stay

sitting there on the cold metal swing you rock your body back and forth, feeling the cold night breeze graze your skin.

your hands were deeply tucked into the pockets of your hoodie and your fingers never stopped fumbling with the contents in it.

"screw it, lets get lit." you mutter under your breath as you pulled out the matchbox from your pocket.

you took in a deep breath and lit a matchstick, your eyes glistened at the sight of the small wooden stick on fire. it was strangely satisfying indeed. you closed your eyes and with desperation blew out the matchstick.

you slowly opened an eye to peek at your surroundings but to your disappointment, nothing. not satisfied you took out another matchstick in hopes of a certain something or someone to appear.
at your fifth attempt was when you realised how dumb it was for you to even think a fictional drama will come true.

you heaved out a sigh and puffed your cheeks, when will you ever live a proper life? you got up and stretched your body since it has been an hour of sitting in the same position. you walked away and before you could take another step you felt someone tap on your shoulder.

"miss, i think you dropped your matchbox."

- it's one am kill me? goblin inspired story including smile man dk.