five

"Hey, Hailee." Adam called out.

After what happened yesterday morning, Hailee had kept her distance from most of the team. For the rest of yesterday evening, she spent her time at home.

She was currently sat on a bench in the town park, about five minutes away from Eden Hall.

She had to be in school in about ten minutes, so she didn't have much time to herself before she was swamped by The (no longer) Ducks and jocks.

She turned around and saw Adam making his way towards her. "Hi," She muttered.

Adam sighed as he plopped himself down beside her. "I saw what happened with Luis and the cheerleader that day. I overheard what he said, too."

"Can you imagine what it would be like if a girl could have any guy that she wanted? Any guy of her choice would be willing to go out with her because she's hot." Hailee breathed out. She didn't turned to face Adam, she kept her eyes focused on the ground in front of her

"Because that's all guys care about, right? Not their personality, or their interests. Just their looks." Hailee finished.

Adam shook his head and shuffled closer to Hailee. "No, no, no, Hailee. That's not true. Not all guys are like that. I'm not, for example."

Hailee sighed and played with her nails. "Should I even ask what he said? I mean, do I want to be left even more heartbroken?" She questioned, changing the subject slightly.

"I think you should know." Adam breathed out. "Because if you ever do get back together, you'd never know what he said that day."
Hailee exhaled and turned to face Adam. "Fine. What did he say?"

Adam sucked in a breath. "She asked him if you two were dating, and he said no."
Hailee felt a lump in her throat when she heard that.
Adam continued. "He said he was crazy - 'loco' - for her."

Hailee swallowed. She could feel the tears coming, so she looked down at the bench to avoid Adam noticing.
"He said that?"

Adam nodded. "I'm sorry. But I told you that because you don't deserve him, okay?"
"More like he doesn't deserve me." Hailee grumbled.
Adam furrowed his brows. "What the hell do you mean by that?"

"Do I really need to explain? She's a cheerleader. She's popular and she's pretty. I'm not a cheerleader. I'm not popular and I'm not pretty."

Adam sighed and put his arm around Hailee's shoulder as she quietly sobbed. He pulled her closer and let her cry into his shoulder.

"Hailee, believe me, you are pretty." Adam said.
Hailee sniffed and looked up.
Adam took his arm away from her and shuffled around uncomfortably.

Hailee lightly laughed, wiping away her tears with her sleeves. "Good thing I'm not coated in makeup like she is, otherwise my mascara would be running like crazy."
Adam smiled. Even in her worst states, she still looked beautiful.

Without thinking, Adam leaned in and his lips collided with Hailee's.
At first, Hailee kissed back. But after about three seconds, she reminded herself that she was still in love with Luis.

Hailee forced herself to pull away and Adam began to panic. "I'm so sorry, I-"
"It's fine." Hailee said, quietly, gently touching her lips with her shaking fingers. "I just... I'm still in love with him."

Adam scoffed. "You can't be serious."
Hailee got up. "I'm gonna be late. I've got a game soon. Thanks for the chat." She said, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Hailee, wait!" Adam called out.
She ignored him. Hailee wiped under her eyes once more as she quickly walked away from Adam.

a/n: oOooOoo it's getting dramatic !!!! it's so fun to write though, not gonna lie 😂