Chapter Seven.

If the photo works it's of Liam

Maggie had just stepped into her apartment when her phone began to ring, with a tired sigh she moved to answer it. She had been working around the clock on birthday cakes, pies for the Church bake sale and her daily specials and now all she wanted was to collapse into bed.

"Hello?"

"Hello, I'm trying to reach Maggie Williams."

"This is she," She flopped onto the couch.

"This is Liam...Liam Graham."

"Liam! Hi!" She bolted upright.

"Hi, I've been trying to call for a few days but you haven't been home and I hate machines."

"Yeah, I've uhm...been super busy."

"Not out on dates I hope," He teased.

Uninvited images of Jake flashed into her mind, him hovering above her when they woke up the night after the storm the way he held her all night long. She shook her head, pushing them away.

"No, no....just working."

"Good, I was hoping that maybe.....I could take you out a night this week."

"I think I'd really like that."

"Okay, how about Thursday? I can pick you up at seven?"

"That would be fine." She said with a small smile.

She relayed her address and then changed into her favorite pajamas, climbing into bed with a smile still on her face.

Thursday came alarmingly fast in her mind and the next thing she knew she was standing in her closet staring at her modest clothing selection. Delia sat on the edge of her bed drinking a glass of wine and offering help that Maggie didn't need.

"I have nothing to wear," Maggie said.

"That's because you dress like a virgin and don't have anything that looks like someone over the age of twelve would wear it."

"I like my clothes, usually. I dress like an adult!" Maggie shot back.

Delia stood walking to the closet she began pulling items from the closet and tossing them on the floor listing them as she did.

"Sweater, sweater, sweater, sweater, long dress, long dress, long skirt, sweater....I rest my case," She turned walking back to the bed.

"Help me here!" Maggie cried.

"You're beyond help."

"Dee, I'm serious."

"Alright hang on," Delia stood and disappeared.

When she returned she was digging in her large duffle bag, pulling out a long floral dress and heels she handed them to Maggie.

"You're kidding."

"No, I'm not. You have a great body Maggie. It's time to show it off."

"I...I don't know."

"Come on Maggie, live a little."

Giving a small nod she took the dress and the shoes and stepped into her bathroom closing the door. She gave herself a pep talk then pulled on the dress, she supposed it wasn't bad. It was floral print ending mid thigh with a low cut in the front.