Chapter Twenty nine.

Here is the last look at the amazing trailer for this book.

Maggie spent the next two weeks in full overdrive mode, she woke up early and got breakfast for the kids and Jake, he would leave for work taking them with him and dropping them off at school. Maggie would go to work all day and then leave early, picking both kids up from school and returning to Jake's she would help with homework while making dinner, Jake would return and they'd eat dinner. After dinner it was time for baths and stories then the kids would be tucked in.

Almost as soon as the kids were asleep Jake would take her to his bed and make lover to her until they both fell asleep, exhausted and wrapped in each other arms. Sunday dinners were a bit different now that Jake and the kids were there with Maggie and Artemis was gone but her parents accepted it almost immediately.

Today was no different, she was standing in the kitchen making eggs for them while the toast cooked when she heard the small voice behind her.

"Mommy?"

Maggie turned to see Ava standing in her footie pajamas a few feet away, clutching her favorite bear.

"No, Ava. Sweetie it's just me," Maggie said gently.

"Aren't you my mommy?" Ava asked, her lower lip trembling.

Maggie turned turning off the burner that had the eggs on them, giving the girl her full attention. She crossed the floor lifting her into her arms and carrying her to the couch. Maggie sat down on one cushion placing Ava on the other and turning to face her.

"Ava...honey..."

"You cook me breakfast and pick me up from school, you make me dinner and help me color and tuck me in and read me stories and sleep with daddy."

"I.....do you remember your....other mommy? The one who lived somewhere else?"

"Yes, but....she didn't always do the things you do and she left us."

"Sweetheart......your other mother she loves you...so much."

"Don't you love me too mama?" Ava asked with wide innocent eyes.

"Oh....yes of course I do."

She opened her arms and Ava instantly crawled into them without any hesitation. Holding the tiny girl close Maggie dropped a kiss on top of her head.

"I've loved you for your whole life." Maggie promised.

"I love you too Mommy." Ava said happily.

Blinking back tears Maggie smiled with a small sigh, she was just as much Ava's mom as anyone else. She loved those kids, she'd die for them and she'd devote the rest of her life making sure they were taken care of, so she supposed it didn't hurt to let Ava indulge just a little.

"Hey, there's my favorite girls."

Jake entered the living room, leaning over the back of the couch to kiss the top of Ava's head and lift her from Maggie's arms. Ava wrapped herself around her father, hugging him close as he leaned over to give Maggie a deep kiss.

"Did I interrupt something?" He asked.

"No," Maggie said as she stood.

"Okay, I don't have time for breakfast or to take the kids to school today."

"I'll do it," She said moving into the kitchen.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, what's going on?" She asked, turning the eggs back on.