Part 8

"Was she upset or something?" Doctor asks RK.

RK who was standing by the window as the doctor checked Madhu turns to look at him and asks "What happened to her?"

"Fever due to fatigue, starvation and mental stress. From the way her eyes are I assume she has been crying too." Doctor informs him.

RK turns back to look outside not able to take in the sight of her like this. Why was she upset? Did that man call her again? If he has caused her any kind of worry then I'm going to kill that bas***d.

"She needs complete rest and please make sure she eats on time." Doctor tells him. "I'm prescribing some medicines for her."

"Bittuji."

"Chief." Bittuji replies nodding knowing what was to be taken care of. "Give me the prescription, I'll get the medicines."

The doctor leaves and Bittuji comes back in as RK sat next to Madhu gently caressing her head after keeping the wet cloth on her forehead.

"Chief... there is no food here. I'll buy something from out and get the medicines and come." Bittuji informs him.

RK turns back to Bittuji furiously, "Are you mad? She is sick and you are thinking of giving her hotel food? Don't you realize how weak she is now?"

"I don't know how to cook, Chief." Bittuji informs him worried and shocked seeing his Chief's concern for his mistress, he was starting to see what Chief's family has been going on and on about, Chief was getting too involved with Madhubala but then he couldn't totally blame Chief for it, Madhubala has that effect on people, he himself has kind of started caring for her like a brother does.

RK sighs loudly and then gently scoops up Madhu in his arms and walks out. "Get the medicines and come home. Call Mangesh and tell him to keep her food ready." RK briskly orders him as he walked out not even looking at the shocked and gaping Bittuji.

RK nods at Mangesh as he kept the soup and cloth dipped in water. RK dips the cloth in water and then squeezing it, he spreads it out on Madhu's forehead.

"Madhu... Madhu... wake up." RK gently pats her on her cheek.

Madhu opens her eyes a little and she struggles to keep it open. RK gently helps her to sit up and starts feeding her. Madhu kept sleeping off in between and he gently coaxed her awake. In between he kept changing the wet cloth on her forehead.

"Have this medicine, you'll feel better." RK tells her as he slipped in the pills into her mouth and gave her water.

Madhu takes a sip and shakes her head.

"You need to drink water, Madhu."

"I am full."

"Have a little more." RK tells her.

Madhu looks at him and then in a bare whisper asks sadly, "Why did you leave me, Rishabh?"

RK looks at her in shock hearing her question. Is that why she had fallen sick?

"Madhu, I didn't..." RK stops his explanation realizing that she had slept off again. He gently makes her lie down. Covering her with the blanket and changing the cloth on her forehead he moves to the chair next to the bed as he watched her lost in thoughts.

RK curses himself mentally for what had happened. He had planned to tell her that he would be away for a week but then that time Rudr called and calling Madhu his mistress in front of her and his mom being upset, he went insane and only when he had boarded the flight did he remember about not telling her. He had tried calling her only to realize that he had broken her phone. Since Bittuji was with him he couldn't even have Bittuji inform Madhu of his trip but he didn't think it was going to affect Madhu so much. He should have known better, he knew she was starting to fall in love with him, he could see that and he didn't want her to love him, what could he give her in return other than pain and heartbreak. He tried being cruel to her but every time his resolve broke when it came to her. He couldn't hurt her because he cared for her too much. He liked her and he didn't like that many people in this world, only a handful and she was one among them. He couldn't hurt her but to save her from future pain he had to be cruel to her. He still didn't understand how she could start to love him, all he had was money and fame, which meant nothing to her then what did she see in him that was worthy of love? Seeing her like this, he realized that things were getting out of hand, before Madhu starts to fall in love with him completely he had to end things. Once she gets fine, he'll tell her everything was over and she can go home or wherever she wanted. He had to let her go before he ended up ruining her life completely. If anyone in this world deserved a life, a family and children to call her own then it was her.