Chapter 25 - Saving Althea

IRINA'S POV

Where the hell is her cell?! I've been walking in circle for minutes now. It must be somewhere around here. According to Andropova's direction, this is it. "Andropova? Do you copy?" There was a static. "Did you find it?" I sighed. "No. Where the hell is it?" I can hear her typing away. "Which section are you in?"

I looked around the huge hallway.

"Section 5. Find it right now!" I tried to walked forward more and focus my ears to hear any type of sound coming for me. I hope Valera has better luck than I am. "Irina, its underground. It's directly below you. 10 steps a head you'll find a door, get inside and wait for my signal."

10 steps huh? I hope she's right about this. There is a door and I got in. I waited for a few minutes before I felt the ground shaking. What is this? Earthquake? There's no way. "Stay on your ground." Andropova's voice echoes in my ear. My eyes were fixed on something that wasn't there a few seconds ago.

A room just suddenly emerged from the ground. I went to the window that letting me to look inside and there she was, laying on the bed with wires attached to her body. "She's hibernating. You need to go to the computers and turn it off manually. I can assist you on that."

I went to the part where there's a keyboard and screen on its side. Andropova walked me through every programs that's flooded on the screen for me. "Press enter now." After I did, the door towards the room opened on itself and I can noticed her hands flinched a little. I walked towards the bed and pulled every wires thats on her body.

When her eyes slowly open, I smiled at her and watched her shocking expression. "What are you doing in here?" That's her first question for me?! I rolled my eyes and pulled the last wires that attached to her head. "Well, like I promise, saving you from these monsters."

She grabbed onto my hands and shaking her head vigorously. "I can't just simply walk out of this. I have... to be here for them." I lifted her head and smiled. "You mean for VTS 1 and the other 4? Please, I've done my research. Well my team does. They're are being moved as we speak."

Her face seems to changes for a better. She seems relieved. "You seriously risk you own life to save me?" I nodded. "Well not just me, there's five more girls that's risking their life to save you and them." Her eyes started to tearing up. "Why? Why do you do such extreme measure just for me?" She asked.

"Because.. ummm..." how I explain this to her? I can't just simply tell her I have the hots for her. That would be embarrassing. "I hate to interrupt this exciting meeting but you have company. 5 armed guards and a couple of guys in lab coats." Andropova informed. Shit! Nice perfect timing!

"We have to go now. I can explain everything later when we're out of this forsaken place." I didn't wait for her to respond when I carried her bridal style and literally ran towards the exit. "I can walk you know." I ignored her plea and ran. "Andropova, which is the safest and fastest way?" I heard the heavy footstep getting nearer. "Andropova!"

"Got it. Just ran forward and if you meet the first door to your right, just get inside. There's an elevator that goes up the surface of the facility. Use it. From there, go out of the room and ran towards the forest outside. Vasina will be there to make a path for you."

I did as told and got in the elevator just in time. "How did you know about this elevator?" I pointed at the ear piece. "My team of investigator done its job." I chuckled. I blushed and looked away when her robe showed her cleavage. "You need to cover that up." She chuckled.

"What's with the blushing? You saw me naked." She has a point. Once we arrive at the top floor, once again I carried her in bridal style and take a peek outside. I made our way towards the door that lead us to the outside. "HEY!" A guard saw us but he was shot dead by Vasina. "Whoa." Althea was surprised.