CHAPTER 15

Chapter Fifteen- Breaking the News

After my shower Abby helped with me I was gratefully refreshed and anxious to tell Chris about our children, I think even Abby knew that I was freaking out, more than once giving me a look I could only interpret as ‘you can do this.’ I was dressed in soft fleece pants, vest with a light sweater thrown over but not buttoned. Abby had thought I would be better without the sweater but I had lots of scars that I didn’t want Chris to see, I knew that he was aware of what happened to me but to have to look at the scars was too much even for me. Shifting had helped remove some of my scars but some remained and would probably only lighten in time.

When she left, bring Logan and Chris back in I asked spoke, “Logan can you take me to the hospital?” I asked politely.  His eyes opened but Chris spoke, “Why are you ill?” before answering him I just looked around my room, I mean really? If I were sick I’m sure that this makeshift hospital in Logan’s house would be able to help if that were the case.

“I’m fine, but we need to go there.” Logan came close very slowly, I know he was worried about how I would react with him being close but I knew Logan wouldn’t hurt me, I was afraid at first but now, I just wanted to see my kids so I guess my fear of men was put aside. Or at least I was trying all my best to put it aside.

Logan held my hands lightly, while putting his hand on Chris’ shoulder and one minute we were in an office. The far left wall had books, the opposite wall was glass from floor to ceiling, there was a desk with plenty of files and pictures but none of them were of Logan.

“This is Abby’s office, I brought us here so we can…” he stopped nodding his head.

“I’m going to be right outside and we will go after you two talk…”

“Why are we here?” Chris asked confused.

I was trying to work up the nerve to speak to Chris and he was maybe 10 steps in front of me but I couldn’t look up yet.

“Whatever it is Rainy, you can tell me.”

“Logan didn’t just rescue me in that basement, I wasn’t alone.” I said softly looking at him.

He cocked his head to the side, “You were kidnapped alone?” he asked trying to make sense of what I said.