five

Sohye took a deep breath as she stood outside the door to Wonwoo's apartment. In complete honestly, she could just enter in the passcode to Wonwoo's apartment and waltz in, pretending everything was alright, but Sohye couldn't bring herself to act as if everything was alright; nothing was simply alright anymore. She knocked on the door and stood back, her hands holding onto the chain of her sling bag.

The door opened moments later, and behind the door was Wonwoo and the same girl Sohye saw him with the other day. She was wearing nothing but his shirt, and he was smoking a cigarette. Sohye scoffed as the girl retreated into the room, Wonwoo leaning against the doorframe as Sohye glared angrily at him. Her eyes were red, and she was close to tears. Wonwoo took a drag of his cigarette as Sohye wiped the tears from the corners of her eyes and took a breath.

"Who is she?" she asked softly, anger laced in every word.

"Her? She's my girlfriend," Wonwoo looked back into the apartment and then back at Sohye. He looked at her cheekily, as if his eyes were asking her what she was going to do about it.

"Then, what am I?" Sohye bit out.

"You're also my girlfriend, of course," Wonwoo smirked.

"Are you joking?" Sohye asked in disbelief.

"Does what I'm doing look like a joke?" Wonwoo tilted his head and asked indifferently. "If you don't like it, then leave."

"You're supposed to say sorry at times like these," she sighed out and bit her lip. A tear slipped out of her eye, but this time she didn't bother to wipe it away. Wonwoo let out a cough as he took another drag of his cigarette and said brazenly, "I've never said sorry once in my life."

"Are you confident you won't regret this?" Sohye said, a sudden wave of anger rushing through her blood.

"Regret? What's that?" Wonwoo asked rhetorically.

"You really didn't like me then, huh?" Sohye's voice wavered. Her shoulders fell, and she was about to give up.

"Sorry, I never had those feelings right from the start." Wonwoo said nonchalantly while shaking his head after pondering the thought of him having feelings for several seconds.

Sohye was quiet- she had given up. She looked at Wonwoo and said, "You just apologized even though you said you've never said sorry once in your life."

"I said sorry to humor you. I'm not really sorry for not having true feelings for you," Wonwoo shrugged.

"Wonwoo!" a high voice shrilled nasally- Sohye assumed it was the girl from before. "Come back!"

Sohye and Wonwoo looked at each other silently. Sohye took a step back and let another tear slip out of her eye. Wonwoo took another drag of his cigarette before turning around and going back into his apartment, the door closing behind him. Sohye stood in the middle of the hallway, in front of Wonwoo's apartment, and silently cried to herself as the boy she loved shredded her heart into scraps.