seven

For the first time that year, Sohye was not sad while it rained. She didn't find herself looking out the window longingly as the raindrops tapped against the glass. She actually enjoyed the rain as she once used to. She liked seeing the dreary weather, and she liked hearing the pattering of the rain on the windows of her apartment as she sat on her leather sofa. She liked the rain because she was no longer unhappy; Sohye was very much happier now that he wasn't in her life.

Sohye met the guy Nayoung wanted her to meet. His name was Kim Mingyu, and he was everything Sohye needed. He was caring, loving, passionate, and he was just perfect in every way possible. Sohye was grateful Nayoung made her meet up with him; Sohye fought Nayoung every way possible because she didn't think she was ready to be in another relationship. Mingyu made her realize that she just needed the right person, and he was the right person for her.

"Did you want me to make you hot chocolate?" Mingyu asked as he entered the living room; he was spending the gloomy day at Sohye's place. "Since it's raining and all."

Sohye looked over at him and nodded, a smile appearing on her face. Mingyu smiled as he saw her smile, walked over to her, and kissed her forehead. His lips were still against her forehead as he said, "You're so cute when you smile like that."

He looked down at her face and cupped her cheek, Sohye continuing to smile at him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him. Mingyu hugged her back and buried his nose in the crook of her neck as they both sat down on the sofa together. He pressed his lips against the side of her neck, and Sohye giggled as she felt his weight shift slightly onto her. Mingyu pinned her down onto the sofa and just nuzzled his nose against her neck, causing her to giggle even more. He moved his head and looked at her, and for a split second, Sohye thought he was going to kiss her. She closed her eyes and just as she felt Mingyu's lips touch her own, the doorbell rang.

"How did someone get here in such heavy rain?" Mingyu sighed out as he got off of Sohye.

The two of them got up and sighed as Sohye went to the door. Mingyu went to go make that hot chocolate he promised earlier, and Sohye opened the front door. She opened the door to see Wonwoo soaking wet and struggling to stand up straight. He looked at her, his wet bangs covering his eyes and dripping water down his face. She could barely see his eyes, his dull eyes, as he tried his best to look at her.

"Sohye," he slurred out; he must have been drinking too much. "Sohye, listen."

Sohye looked at Wonwoo in disgust as he tried to get into the house. She pushed him out and said, "What the hell are you doing here, Jeon Wonwoo."

"Sohye, I," Wonwoo looked at her helplessly. "I actually love you. I still love you."

Sohye scoffed and rolled her eyes. Mingyu came up behind her and stood next to her as Wonwoo tried his best to stand up straight. He looked at Sohye and only at Sohye. He didn't care that Mingyu was there. He bit his lower lip almost as if he were about to cry before saying, "Please forgive me, Sohye. Please come back to me. I miss you so much. I love you so much."

Sohye's eyes widened as she heard him, and then, she did something she never thought she would have to do. Sohye slapped him across the face as hard as she possibly could. Wonwoo looked stunned. His eyes were bloodshot and wide as he looked at her. He opened his mouth to say something, but Sohye spoke first.

"Fuck off, Jeon Wonwoo," she said before slamming the door in his face.

Mingyu was silent as Sohye stared at the closed door in front of her. She locked the door quickly after hesitating for a moment and turned around to see Mingyu with a concerned look on his face.

"Who was that?" Mingyu asked.

"A rat bastard," Sohye muttered under her breath. "He's no one important, Mingyu. Don't worry."

"Is he your ex?" Mingyu asked softly.

Sohye looked at him sadly. She didn't say a word, but Mingyu hugged her. His hand rubbed her back as she buried her face in his chest and hugged him as well. It was still raining, and Sohye could hear the rain pelt against the windows. She took in a small breath and tried to forget the rain as well as Wonwoo. She was with Mingyu now and Mingyu truly did love her more that Wonwoo ever could.

Wonwoo was still standing outside her apartment, his hand holding his cheek. His cheek was red and burning, and his legs were more wobbly than before. He fell to the ground and almost passed out, but he didn't because he started to cry. He was sitting on the ground right in front of Sohye's apartment crying silently like a little kid because he regretted so much. He regretted drinking that day, he regretted running to Sohye's apartment in the pouring rain, he regretted saying he still loved her, and he regretted ever cheating on her or breaking up with her.

It was the truth when Wonwoo said he still loved Sohye, and it wasn't the truth when Sohye said Wonwoo was no one important. Truthfully, Sohye felt guilty as she hugged Mingyu because she still liked Wonwoo. She still loved Wonwoo.