Chapter Sixteen: Hidden Character

Zero's black eyes >> Silver eyes.
--

As the group descended down the staircase, all eyes were on them. Especially the young ladies, all of them were eyeing Prince Zero.

Welp, among the group, Zero is the only one who doesn't have a partner or fiance.

Right now, Zero is surrounded by young ladies, asking his permission to be his dance partner.

I let out a chuckle. Suddenly.

"Excuse me, but would you like to dance?"

A random guy suddenly asked me. I decided to ignore him by continuing to eat my food without giving him a glance. The guy frowned.

"Excuse me?! Miss!"

I rolled my eyes. Psh, I don't give a damn.

Irritated, the guy frowned before kicking a nearby chair and walking away. I didn't even flinch when the chair fell and made a loud thud. I just continued eating with my head down even when all eyes were suddenly on me.

But one stare really stood out among the rest.

I frown.

I looked up to find someone who is giving me a heated gaze which made me involuntarily shudder. Eventually, my blue eyes met with silver ones.

Zero, looked at me with his expressionless face. I raised one of my eyebrows as he suddenly let out a grin.

"Back away." He said with his deep and cold voice which made the surrounding ladies scared and nervous. When he noticed that the ladies all turned stiff on their spot, he decided to walk pass the ladies surrounding him.

And now, he's walking to me.

Huh? What?!

Wait, correct me if i'm wrong, but why is he coming to me?

I shook my head to get rid of that thought. I tried looking around if possibly there's someone, other than me, is seated near here.

I started to panic when I found out that he's actually coming to my direction. Other than a potted plant, there's no one here except me.

Immediately, I teleported away from my table, which I ended up on the other side of the venue. I sighed in relief when Zero suddenly stopped walking as he tried searching for me.

A beautiful young lady suddenly walked up to Zero as she grabbed Zero's arm.

"Uhm... Prince Zero, would you like to dance?" She asked coyly which earned her glares from the young ladies.

"Who are you?" He asked coldly. Even me, who is also well-known for being cold and aloof, suddenly felt shivering.

The young lady was taken aback, she slowly backed away, scared.

"Stay away from me." He said coldly as he walked away.

I stifled a laugh. Even the other ladies witnessing the scene all looked nervous.

Zero is also famous for hating women. He even hate women to the extent that he refused marrying a princess of the Pristine Kingdom. A princess of the most powerful kingdom in the whole dimension!

After the scene, I walked back to my secluded table. I didn't bother teleporting in the open cause it will attract attention.

When I reached my table, I immediately started eating. I didn't finish my food due to what happened earlier.

"Are you scared of me?"

I suddenly turned stiff. The food I was about to put on my mouth fell on my lap. Slowly, very slowly, I turned around.

Zero, right there in all his glory, standing behind me as he looked at me coldly. As if a predator about to devour a prey.

I tried calming myself.

"No."

He nodded, "Then is it okay if I may sit here?"

I frown, "Okay. Then i'll just find another table." I said and was about to stand up and leave when Zero held my hand.

"Sit."

I shook my head, "Your majesty kindly asked this table so my humble self will sincerely obliged."

"Sit. This prince orders you to do so."

I stopped then think of a good excuse.

"Okay. But first, i'll just go to the bathroom." I said as I try to pry his hands away.

He only held it more firmly than before.

"Then I will escort you to the bathroom. I don't want my companion to ditch me."

I stared at him before laughing awkwardly,

"No need. A mere commoner like me being being escorted by a prince. Now, could you please let my hand go?" I asked but he suddenly pulled my hand making me face him much closer than before.

"I don't give a damn." He said with a smirk.

I frown when he suddenly put his finger to my lips,

Out of impulse, I bit his finger, "Then I don't give a damn too!" I shout as I suddenly kick his *buddy out of panic.

He suddenly crouch down in pain and I took that chance to get away from his grasp.

"You...!" He said angrily.

I laughed out loud before running away. Not caring about my image.

Screw royalties!