Chapter 39: She Is Too Young

"Wang Feng"

                Wang Feng turned to face Fa He Long who gave him a hard, stern look. Feng only folded his arms and stood like the general he was - never intimidated by anything or anyone.

To be honest, Fa He Long admired the charismatic 18 years old general. He was very much like his great grandfather - a man He Long admired and respected as a child. To have him a grandson-in-law, any family would be proud. But the situation was different for the Fa Family, Wei Lan was He Long precious granddaughter. Wang Feng backgrounds and status is too special - most importantly, this young man has ties to the emperor and the future emperor. He Long had wished that his granddaughter lives a much more simple and free life. If she marries Wang Feng, He Long knows she would have hardship - battling the royal society.

"I will agree to this marriage, but I have one condition"

                Wang Feng had expected the old Master Fa had a condition from the beginning.

"Wei Lan is only 3 months past 16" Wang Feng could hear the old man adoration for Wei Lan as he spoke. "You must wait until Wei Lan turns 20_"

"No" Wang Feng said sharply, startling not only He Long, but Zedong as well.

                He Long frowned and turned to face Elder Wang who was sipping on her tea like nothing was wrong. He Long turned back to Wang Feng with a fierce expression.

"Let me be clear with you Wang Feng, I will not give Wei Lan to anyone until she is of age" He Long voice was sharp. "My precious granddaughter will not be look down on by anyone"

                Wang Feng turned as if to leave. If he had to kidnap Wei Lan, he would and no one can stop him.

"Feng calm yourself" Master Wang spoke - knowing well what's on his son's mind. "Master Fa, could we compromise?"

                He Long turned to Wang Feng's father.

"I also agree with you, Wei Lan is simply too young for marriage"

"Father" Wang Feng eyes went cold.

"Feng, control your temper and let me speak"

                Wang Feng fisted both his hand to the side.

"Master Fa, although 16 is too young, 20 is simply too long for any man to wait" Master Wang chuckled softly. "Surely, Master Fa has to understand this"

                He Long frowned as if he doesn't want to admit it.

"Why don't we all agree to wait until Wei Lan is 18?"

"Father!" Wang Feng wasn't happy at all.

"Feng, could you not wait 2 years?" Master Feng said calmly. "To Master Fa, Wei Lan is precious, how could we not respect his wish. And Wei Lan, the young woman hasn't even seen the world"

"She doesn't need to see the world. She belongs to me" Wang Feng did not hid his possessive toward Wei Lan. "2 years? You want someone to take this chance to steal her from me?"

                The elders were surprised by Wang Feng outburst. The man is usually calm and cold. But because of Fa Wei Lan, he's out of control.

"I did not know the young general is afraid of anything" Zedong finally spoke. "Although you are correct, anything can happen in 2 years. Like you say, someone could steal Wei Lan right from under your gasp"

                Wang Feng eyes grew murderous as if he was going to strike.

"The same can say about you" Zedong continued to everyone surprise. "How can you guarantee us, that in 20 years, Wei Lan will still be in your heart?"

                With those words, Wang Feng calmed.

"If you can't give us 2 years, we will not believe your intentions to Wei Lan" Zedong set his cup of tea down and finally look at the young general.

                After a moment of silence, Wang Feng turned and walked out.

"That child... it's not an easy feat for his heart to he moved... but once his heart is moved, it's even more difficult for it to be moved a second time" Elder Wang sighed softly as she set her empty cup of tea down. "I can guarantee you both; my grandson will treasure Fa Wei Lan until his heart stops beating"

"Wei Lan is too young" He Long stubbornly spoke.

"Which is why we will agree to wait 2 years until marriage" Elder Wang rolled her eyes before she stood up. "We will see you in 2 days. Don't try to hide Wei Lan or my grandson will kidnap that lovely granddaughter of yours"

                The Wang left leaving He Long shaking his head in defeat while Zedong was amused.