Chapter 31: Disgrace

Vincent

I returned home later that night, after spending an entire day at Shadé's bedside. When I came back from dining with Rodney, Harry, and Ezra, who I found to be a humorous man, I noticed that Folashadé was still in an unconscious state. I held her hand in mine up until visiting hours were over. Even as I stepped into the castle's doors with Rodney coming in behind me, I could still feel her soft hand in mine.

We purposefully walked past the dining room, knowing that the Royal Family was having supper. Rodney and I were headed straight to my bed chambers until the queen stopped us.

"Vincent, Rodney, come here," she calls.

Rodney immediately makes an about-turn, heading back toward the dining room. I briefly shook my head in disappointment, remembering that Rodney is only 18. He was still an obedient child, somewhat.

"Yes, mother," I heard Rodney reply.

"Where is your brother," I heard Mathias ask.

"Umm...," he trailed off.

I stepped into view, not wanting Rodney to get into any more trouble.

"What," I asked. I noticed that Melanie's eyes were red, probably from crying. I know she seen the news.

"Why did you tell that lie about Mel to the media," Miranda asked sternly.

"I highly doubt it's a lie. Rodney is the one who told me," I stated, staring at the back of Rodney's head. I wanted to see if he'd back me up or go against me.

"That is not true! Vincent, I love you, but you're the one who cheated on me with Folashadé! She lied in my fucking face about who the father was; she lied in everyone's faces," Melanie shrieks through tears.

"Oh, bullocks! Mel, don't act like you haven't been lying, as well! There's no use in lying to us," Rodney suddenly said.

"Our daughter would never do something so sinful," Sir Callahan said sternly.

"And my sister is not a slut like that black woman," Malona said. I hadn't even noticed she was at the table.

"Vincent, Rodney, I suggest you two stop this rumor on Lady Melanie. She isn't a cheater, nor a trollop," Mathias defended.

I put my hands up as if surrendering. I don't want to have this argument anymore because it was going nowhere. However, I still believed every word my brother admitted to me. "Okay, fine, Melanie isn't a trollop, but I am not-" Rodney suddenly cuts me off.

"I have a video," he said strongly.

Everyone snaps their gazes to my blonde brother, who stands beside me confidently. Melanie looks like she was about to die as her usual tan face gradually pales.

"A video," Miranda shouts, sending angry slits toward Melanie's frozen frame.

"Yes. Mother, father, Sir Callahan and Lady Callahan, I want you four to come up to my chambers," he began. "To see it for yourself," he continued.

As we followed Rodney to his chambers, I noticed that Mel's mother interrogated her the entire way asking questions like: 'It isn't true is, is it? You loved Vincent, right? Oh why couldn't you be like your sister?'

All these questions went unanswered.

We all six of us, excluding Rodney, grouped around his television. He went into his bottom dresser and pulled out a film disk.

"Melanie, are you sure you want to be here," Rodney asked with a smirk on his face. This was all so very amusing to us both.

"I-I'm sure," she briefly stuttered as she crossed her arms. She rarely stuttered.