L Y N X

Y E A R   2 0 1 7

The faerie kingdom of Aisa was picture perfect, with streams of milk and honey and water, and grass that lined the ground, velvety and soft. The fey were fine creatures, all equally beautiful with bright eyes and sharp features. Their wings, strong and silky, fluttered as they carried out their day to day chores.

The fey were fearsome warriors, not because of their strength, but because of their manipulative, deceptive speech. They were fallen angels, cursed with eternal life- an eternal life in which they were physically unable to utter a lie.

Lie they could not, but their trickery was well known, even beyond the kingdom of Aisa.

---

He was young and average for faerie standards, with his brown hair and mischievous honey eyes. Lynx may be the crown prince of Aisa, well-loved by the fey folk, but he wanted nothing more to run away and taste the world for what it truly was. A land of freedom and dreams..

"Lynx," his father echoes in that disapproving tone of his. Only his father knew the truth- Lynx was more than his pretty looks. More..of a disappointment, that was.

For now, looking pretty would do. Lynx could wield a sword better than any of his brothers or sisters, his father knew that. But of his own accord? No. Lynx refused to kill. He refused to rule. 

That was a problem for a king to-be.

"Yes, Father," Lynx replies sullenly. He wasn't exactly in trouble- he was allowed to roam the courtyard as he pleased.

It was the object in the crown prince's hand that displeased his father.

"Put that..that thing down and come with me to the council room," his father says, gritting his teeth.

Lynx sets down his ebony violin carefully, caressing the polished oak-finish that adorned the instrument. 

"I will be there," Lynx says, still running his weathered fingers against the violin.

Lynx was prince of the fey folk.

But he wanted to be a musician of the mortal lands.

And that..that was major problem.