Chapter 3

Niall Horan. Niall Horan. Niall Horan.

"Madison? Are you okay?" Harry asks me, touching my shoulder. I couldn't reply him. I am too shocked to talk or even move.

I look at the man who broke my heart five years ago. The man whom I loved unconditionally. The man who cheated on me. The man whom I still love.

He's wearing a white button up shirt and black dress pants. He's got a tie around his neck and he looks even more handsome than I can remember. He's smiling and waving at the people as they cheer.

"Madison?" Harry calls again, shaking me.

"I need to leave." I say, but it comes out as just a whisper.

"But it just started." He says.

I start to run out the crowded ball. Some people drunkenly curse at me as I bump into them. I don't even apologise. I just need to get out of here. I hear Harry calling my name but I ignore him and make my way out.

I lean against the brick wall in the parking lot and take a deep breath. Unwanted tears start to fall out of my eyes and run down my cheek. I put my face in my hands and start to son. Why am I even crying? Why am I wasting my tears on him.

I can't believe I just saw him. After all these years, when I am actually trying to move on from him and his memories, I see him. What if he saw me? Oh no! That can't happen. He shouldn't see me. He shouldn't.

"Madison!" I'm pulled out of my thoughts as somebody shakes me. I look up to see Harry. Why can't he leave me the fuck alone!? "Are you okay? What happened?" He asks, his hand still on my shoulder. I push it away angrily.

"None of your business." I snap at him and make my way towards my car.

"Madison?" I hear again and when I turn back to shout at him, my heart drops into my stomach. It's not Harry, but the only man I've been scared to face.

Niall.

Niall's POV

I put on my white shirt and the black dress pants that I packed for this charity ball I've been invited to. I button my shirt, leaving the top button open and put a tie around my neck. I love my hair in the quiff and head out of the room in a most expensive hotel in New York City.

The charity ball is being hosted by the Carter enterprises, owned by one my friends. After thinking about it for a long time, whether to go or not, I decided to go. After all I donated a hell lot of money for it.

The black R8 is waiting for me at the entrance of the hotel and I step out of my the doors of the hotel. Paul, my driver, opened the door for me and I slide in. I pulled out my phone as Paul started to drive. I see a text message from my mum.

Mother: honey, call me back. Please.

I ignore the text and check my mails. There is one new mail from my assistant saying that she had made an appointment with Zayn, my friend on this Friday at afternoon. Zayn is my friend and as well as the COO of my company. He takes care of the deals with Asian countries. I reply to her and then shut my phone and look out of the window and enjoy the lights of New York City.

"Sir, we are here." Paul says after few minutes of the car ride and I nod at him. He gets out of the car and walks around and opens my door. As I get out of the car, cameras start to flash and I'm blinded for a second.

"Mr. Horan! Mr.Horan!" I hear people calling me. I stop and wave at them and then get inside.

Mr. Carter welcomes me and gives me half hug. His wife also hugs me and I simply nod at her.

"Welcome, Mr. Horan." They both say.

"Am I late?" I ask, even though I don't care if I am late.

"No, no. It just started." Mr. Carter says. I nod mutely. "Please, come. This way." He leads the way to the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce to you all, our special guest tonight, Mr.Niall Horan." A man says. The people cheer for me and I wave at them.

I look around the different kind of people in the crowd. Few couples are making out and few are dancing while others are being business men. My eye catches a man with curly bush running behind a woman in short black dress. I hear him calling her by her name, but don't understand what her name is. Being a good human I get off the stage, excusing myself and go behind the curly man. Going behind them is just a excuse to get the hell out of here.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I hear from the other side  of the wall and I walk that way.

"None of your business." The girl snaps at him. Feisty. The voice seem very familiar and when I look who it is my heart skips a beat.

"Madison?" I say, unsure.

She turns around, her face showing nothing but anger. But when her beautiful brown eyes meet my blue orbs, they widen. Her mouth opens as if she wanted to say something, but nothing comes out.

I found her, I found the love of my life. I found the person whose heart I broke. I found her.

_________________________

Word count: 947