Chapter 49

*Not Edited*

Madison's POV

The next few days pass in blur as I am repeatedly tested by the doctors and everyone being very careful with me and my condition. I just can't wait to get out here so that I can have a little peace. I know everyone are just worried about my condition but, there should be a limit. I'm fed up with this.

Niall enters the room with a smile on his face and a bowl in his hand. I furrow my eyebrows as he walks towards me and bends to kiss my lips. He places the bowl on the small stand next to my bed and helps me sit up.

"I have a good News." He says. "Actually, two." He corrects himself.

"What is it?" I ask as he hands me the bowl of soup. The smell fills my nostrils and I realise that I'm hungry. I take a spoonful of spoon and start drinking it.

"You're being discharged, tomorrow." He says and my eyes widen before a smile spreads on my face. "Your face is glowing." He chuckles and I join him.

"And the other?" I ask him. His smile fades a frown replacing it and he kisses my head before sitting on the stool next to the bed.

"The bastard's Trial is next week. We have to go." He sighs. A shiver runs down my spine as the thought of seeing him flashes in my mind. The last time I saw him, that didn't end well and now I'm scared to see him again. "Hey, it's okay." He says when he notices my uneasiness. "I'll be there with you. Don't worry, okay?" He kisses the back of my hand repeatedly and I nod. "You have tell whatever happened there and I'll take care of the rest." I shiver again thinking of reliving those horrible moments. "Would you be okay with that?" He asks and I look at him for few seconds before nodding. I have to do this if He has to be punished for everything he did. "Tell me everything that happened there?" She takes my hands in his once again and looks at me with pleading eyes.

"Evan wanted cookies, I went to get the flour." I take a deep breath. "I bumped Into him. He talked about you and me. He said he was sorry and.." I shut my eyes. Niall squeezes my hands. "I went to the parking lot and..and it just happened." Unknowingly tears fall out of my eyes. "H-he was saying that I'm his and..and he wanted to..to..." I pull my hands away from his, bury my head in them and start sobbing. I feel Niall sitting next to me and before I know it, I'm pulled into his arms and my head lays on his chest. "She was there." I sob into his chest.

"Who?" He asks as he rubs my back soothingly.

"Celine Williams." I say and he pulls away from me to look at me.

"What?" He asks, as if he's not believing me. "Celine? No, that's not possible." He says and my heart shatters. How many times are you going to break my broken heart, Niall? I pull completely away from him and his expression changes.

I can't believe this, after all this time, after everything that's happened he still doesn't believe me. What am I supposed to do?

"No, no." He says. "It's not like that, Madison." He tries to explain. "I would know if she went somewhere. There are my people following her everywhere she goes." He says and I look up at him.

"You have people watching her? Why?" I ask and he takes a long pause before speaking.

"After a couple of years after our divorce, I got to know that Celine was one of the persons who was behind the fake pictures. That day, I got to know those pictures were fake and she was behind it. She had some help in photoshopping the pictures and I wanted to find out who it was." He's looking at me. "That's what I meant when I said she's doing some work for me. I was trying prove her guilty. I was trying to get her confess whatever she did."

"Why didn't you tell me this before, Niall?" I sob. Why did he hide this from me? Why couldn't he just say this all to me earlier?

"I was worried that you might get all tensed and worked up-" He started.

"Do you think I wasn't worked up even when you fucking hid things...such big things from me! I kept thinking again and again what is going on between the two of you that you can't let her go!" I couldn't contain my fury as the words left my mouth.

"I know, but I couldn't say all this to you while you were pregnant." His voice hoarse. "You were already so worried about-"

"No, Niall!" I shout. "You don't get to decide what I should know what I shouldn't! You should have told me this a long time ago, but you didn't. How can you hide this from me?"

"Babe, just calm down. Your blood pressure-" He tries to stop me.

"No! I don't care about my blood pressure. All I care right now is WHY DID YOU HIDE THIS FROM ME?" I scream and I look at his face and he look like he's pissed. His eyebrows pulled together and his lips are pressed into a thin line. "Now, I bet you're going to let this go, let her go. She wouldn't go to the court and neither she would get any punishment because-" He interrupts me.

"What?" He says. "I have been waiting for the past three fucking years for her to get what she deserved. How can you think like that?" He looks offended.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because you hid the fact that she broke up us apart and all these years you've been sleeping with her." I snap. "Maybe, you just want her." I know what ever I'm saying is ridiculous but that's how I'm feeling. Like he hid everything from me just to protect her.

The next thing I know is Niall grabbing my neck and cupping my face before his lips land on mine. His lips are rough yet soft against mine and he kisses me hungrily. He swipes his tongue across my lower lip and I part my lips slightly. That was enough for him to push his tongue inside my mouth and his tongue battles with mine but of course he wins. When he pulls away from me, I open my eyes and look into his blue eyes which are now dark.

"I fucking love you and I want ONLY you." He says through his gritted teeth. "I know it was wrong to hide that from you but it doesn't mean that I want her. Every time I went to see her, all I wanted to do was rip her hair apart just like she ripped us apart and throw her into the prison and never let her out of the dark four walled room. But, I didn't exactly have any proof, so I wanted her to agree that she was a fraud." He says and breathes heavily. "They both are not going to escape this. They are fucking going to get what they deserve and no one, I mean no one can save them." He says and places his lips on mine once again and kisses me hungrily.

____________________

Word count: 1259