Ch. 1

disclaimer: this is based off the show scandal but not everything will be exactly the same bc we can't all be perfect like shonda rhimes ok but also like copyright reasons too so 🤷🏽‍♀️

*

"So, you're not a lawyer?" Lauren asked me as she sat down at the table. I crossed my arms and sat down in front of her on the cold wood, shaking my head.

"No," I said. "Guilty people hire lawyers, we are not lawyers."

"So. . . how are you going to fix this? Can you find my sister?"

"We are going to do everything we can, Lauren. My team and I are going to make sure you had nothing to do with her disappearance." I slipped off the table and sat down in the chair next to her, folding my hands in my lap. "In the meantime, I'm going to need you to tell me anything you can about the last time you saw her."

She sighed and frowned, trying to recollect her memories. "Well, I was with her last week on Thursday. She didn't seem different, but when I called her on Friday, she was all over the place. She wasn't listening to me, she sounded very anxious, but she kept reassuring me she was fine."

"Where was she when you called?"

She shrugged. "I don't know, I didn't ask, I should've --,"

I looked at Liam and said, "Get her number and see if you can track her location."

He nodded and grabbed Lauren's phone from the table, walking out and heading to his office. I turned to Lauren and asked, "Is she in trouble with anyone? Any bad relationships?"

She shook her head. "No, I don't think so. She had a boyfriend a year ago or so who was kind of nuts but I don't think they've talked since then."

"What's his name?"

"Tyler Evans."

"We'll get a hold of him. Anything else we need to know?"

"Um. . . well, she's kind of estranged from my dad."

"I thought you said there were no bad relationships." Emily said behind me, and I pursed my lips as I waited for Lauren's response.

"It's not bad, at least, I don't think it is. My dad loves Zoey, she just made some bad decisions and left home -- but I know he would never do anything to hurt her."

I nodded and looked at Emily. "Get a hold of her boyfriend and see if you can get anything from him."

She nodded and went to her office, and I looked at Lauren. "I'd like to speak with your father, if that's okay?"

Lauren hastily nodded and gave me his address, and I grabbed my keys before passing Liam's office. "Find anything?" I asked. I knew it hadn't been that long since he started tracking Zoey, but he was very good at his job and I never doubted his speed with technology.

He shook his head. "Not yet. I'm narrowing down on cell towers. I'll call you when I find something."

I gave a quick nod before I headed to the elevator, and I heard Lauren's voice behind me. "Um, Miss Carter?"

I turned swiftly to face her, raising my eyebrows as she asked, "What do I do now?"

"I want you to go home, Lauren. Relax."

I went back to the elevator and hit the ground floor button, waiting patiently to reach the bottom. Once the doors opened, I stepped out and headed for my car. I felt my phone buzz in my hand and I looked down to see a name that hadn't been in my recent call list in what seemed like forever.

Scandal (h.s.) [ON HOLD]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें