Chapter 1. The Party

The sun breaks the line of trees outside my window. It is January the eleventh, my 18th birthday. The day I begin my search for a mate. I wake up, stretch and decide to go for a quick run before breakfast.

I get changed, silently scurry down the stairs and out the door. As I reach the first line of trees, I check to see if anyone's around, then I strip.

When I am ready, I begin to run and then jump and shift. My skin goes from lightly tanned to light grey and white within milliseconds. My fur starts growing and my bones start moving. I start growing bigger and my features change.

I am now a wolf.

As I run at inhuman speeds, I think to myself. Today, I could find my mate, and that scared me. What if he was someone ugly? Or rude? There could be endless possibilities.

Will he be the wolf of my dreams? Or will he be ugly on the inside and outside?

Will he take care of me when I'm sick? Or will he just leave me?

And most important of all, will he be a good father?

I've wanted pups since my sister, Natalie, had her son, Toby.

If he's not a good father, will I have to reject him?

But I can't think like that. I might not find him tonight, right?
——-————--------------------------------

Later, at the party....

After an hour of running I came back in, had some birthday pancakes, and began setting up for the party.

We put out all my favourite foods; chips, popcorn, cookies, and of course the ice cream cake.

I put on my casual party outfit, which is my favourite blue dress that brings out my blue eyes.

I hear the doorbell and quickly brush my short, brown hair before heading downstairs and answering the door.

"Happy birthday, Luna!" I was serenaded by at least 10 of my friends.

"Welcome!" I said joyfully, ushering them in,"there are snacks on the table in the living room. The cake will come out later."

"Cake? I thought you hated cliche party things," said my friend JJ. We call her that because her full name is Jessica Jane Wheeler.

"This is an ice cream cake." I said with a grin,"I go above and beyond regular parties."

As more guest started to come, I began to notice someone that I did not know was walking around my house. I had no idea who he was, but he entranced me.

I couldn't see his features because he was wearing a hoodie, and that annoyed me.

Who was this strange man?

What did he want?

Find out in chapter 2.

----------------------------------------------

Most authors leave a little authors note at the end, so I guess I will too.

This is my debut novel, and I have no idea how long it's going to be.

And I can't give you any set time to release the chapters, so just bear with me.

Thanks for all who read and remember to vote!

Commenting is greatly appreciated.

-S
(P.S. I use S because it sounds mysterious and I can't have anyone knowing any of my personal info, can I? Love you all)