Chapter 4 (revised)

The Immortals- all rights reserved

CHAPTER 4 I woke up in the morning with a pounding headache and puffy red eyes from crying so much.

Honestly, considering I was murder for hire, my mental capacity for violence as of late was extremely low. All in all, I was an emotional wreck.

The thing about being a werewolf was that yes, you had a soulmate who would love and care for you even after death. The only problem with that is that we're half human, and humans are selfish and conceited. If your mate turned out to be a real dickwad then your life just got a whole lot shittier.

Welcome the Caine and Lila show folks. You're in for the worst love story you'll ever hear about.

This was pretty much my thought process as I sat in my room on my giant bed.

Apparently even though Caine treated me like garbage, I should at least have comfortable sleeping arrangements, and as he liked to mention, all the food in the world. 

How nice of him.

Someone banged on the door and I let out a small scream of surprise. I jumped up from the bed and immediatly went for the steak knife hiding in my sheets.

After the last Caine incident, my brain was completely fried. My senses were on edge and any little thing made me go bonkers.

Early stages of mated heat I could only presume. 

I calculated I had about one week until I would be in the peak of it. Because I had been in close proximity with Caine for a few weeks my wolf was getting ready to mate- or at least to be marked.

This was not going to happen if I could help it, it wasn't like Caine was showing any signs of performing any mately duties either. I had no problem with this because the last thing I wanted to do with that asshole was make babies.

But because we should have already mated and because it was also springtime- I was prepared for the worst week of heat in my life.

I was keeping track of those seven days I had left.

Someone was still banging on the door so I called for them to come in. I could smell it wasn't Caine so I was relaxed slightly.

Instead of the alpha, Alec, his beta opened the door.

I squared off. At this point I had no idea what he would try on me.

Alec was an extremely good looking man. He had sandy brown hair and auqua green coloured eyes that stood out and practically sparkled. His jaw was impressively square and although not as tall as Caine, Alec's stature and muscles came close.

He also looked uncomfortable as hell.

"Hey Alec," I said pleasantly. From what I had learned from my few encounters with the man- he was really nice and genuine. Literally the opposite of Caine.

Alec smiled and came in, " How are you , Luna?" He stood in the corner, hands at his sides.

"I'll live." I replied.

Alec's gaze darkened as he nodded.

"Caine has requested that I take you down to the exercise room."