Chapter 6(pt 2)

CHAPTER  6 (part 2)(r)

He drove up through the huge gates and into the courtyard of the Royal's palace. It was almost midnight and there were few lights on. Alec pulled up behind his vehicle and turned off his engine. He reluctantly turned his head to get a look into the back seat where his mate was sleeping.

The same mate who threw him for a complete loop and turned his life into chaos. Her presence rattled him to his core, even with a non-existent bond. It wasn't that he didn't want her, because a piece of him did. The mate attraction was dull for him- turned off by a concoction of drugs and incantations he found years before she came to him.

Not that he needed any extra bond to feel attracted to her.

Even though the fact that she wasn't a virgin did piss him off, it wasn't that about her that made him not want her.  He was always going to be thinking about her, making sure she was safe and doing a bunch of bullshit things for a woman who he didn't even ask for.

Stupid fucking mates.

The only thing he wanted from her was an heir for his pack. And not anytime soon either.

"Lillianna," he growled. She kept on sleeping, "Lillianna, wake up," Caine tried again. She didn't even stir.

He swore. He had a headache now and it seemed to only get worse. Caine turned off his truck and climbed out, shutting the door, rather forcefully, behind him.

Alec stepped out of his SUV and strode over to where Caine stood. "I was just on the phone with Ryan, everything is good back at the castle," He told his Alpha. Caine nodded and narrowed his eyes.

" I hate coming here just as much as I hate the Royal family themselves. All because of this fucking girl," Caine growled angrily and swung open the back doors of his truck open. The Royals were assholes like no other. Their incredible amounts of land and money gave them this apparent right to act all high and mighty with their heads up their asses.

Alec watched him as he pulled bags and suitcases out of the back seat. And when there was a small pile at his feet he reached in and wrapped an arm around his mate, hoisting her small, still sleeping body from her seatbelt and onto his shoulder.

So with an arm under her ass and her head resting on his shoulder, he picked up half the suit cases and started walking to the front entrance. Alec picked up the rest of the luggage and followed after his Alphas.

" At least she's hot, Caine," Alec chuckled lightly.

Caine growled at his best friend, "watch it Alec."

The beta laughed even harder.

~

"Good evening Alpha," when the two men got to the large wooden set of double doors, they opened without touching them. Two woman wearing black dresses and whit aprons greeted Caine. When Caine didn't even acknowledged their existence the beta stepped forward and responded.

" Evening ladies, how are you doing?" He grinned and winked and the girls' cheeks turned a bright pink. Caine growled in annoyance.

Alec sighed, " right then ladies, we've had a long trip and the Luna," Alec saw Caine visibly tense when he said 'luna', " seems to be a bit tired," he finished and gestured towards Lillianna. The two maids turned their heads to look. Caine's mate stirred a bit and snuggled her face into his neck.

" Of course. David!" One of them called. A man wearing coveralls and work gloves came up a set of stairs, he stood by the maids. " Our guests have arrived, " she said, "please help them with their luggage and show them to their rooms." he nodded and grabbed the bags.

The two maids curtsied and slowly stepped back into the shadows.

He was always disgusted at the blatant obedience of the human servants in the royal castle. They were always involved in way more shit than they needed to be.

Caine looked pissed off.

Alec rolled his eyes and walked after David. He wasn't sure why Caine was in such a bad mood, when he had no reason to be. He had a beautiful mate who wanted to love him and he treated her like shit. If he had a mate like Lillianna, he would spend as much time as possible with her, making her happy. And lots of that time would be spent in bed.

The human showed Caine and Alec to their rooms and then disappeared into the shadows like the maids. Caine was still holding his mate in his arms, and she was still sleeping.

" She doesn't smell like you Caine," Alec said, "The royals and the court will notice."

Caine growled, " I'm aware."

The beta opened the door to his own room down the hall, " figure something out and fast."

Caine watched Alec shut his door behind his and turned back into his room. He dropped Lillianna on the bed and she awoke with a start.

" Take your clothes off," he sneered at her.

She just looked at him, her big blue eyes filled with fear. He growled at her and she scrambled off the bed. He raised his eye brows.

" N-no," she said. Caine really did have a headache and was in no mood to argue.

" Lila," there it was, that name, that's the second time he had called her the shortened version of her full name. It sounded nice when he said it.

" I'm not going to fuck you," he growled and she flinched, "but you smell like another man, and everyone will notice. So you need to wear this, I need to try and make sure you smell like me." He said trough gritted teeth and pulled off his black T-shirt. Lila relaxed a little and slowly peeled of her  shirt. Caine had avoided looking at her to closely but felt slight smugness over the fact that Alec was speaking truth about her looks.

Lilla had large breasts and a flat stomach, her perfectly shaped ass and long smooth legs had parts of his body harden and stand up.

"Unless you're up for that. It works for me," he suggested, his tone meant to mock her. Caine knew she wouldn't say yes.

"I-don't know. Can we just not do that tonight please." Her face was scrunched like she was thinking about it. He was thoroughly impressed that she would even consider it.

That would definitely make his night better. He hadn't been laid in months. He wouldn't mind at all. Also his scent would have no problem masking any other smells of male in her. Even just thinking about other males touching her made him see red.

He may not like her yet but she was his, and he wanted to make that clear.

To her, and to every other male as well.