17. still.

About 3 months have passed by since the events between Celeste and Luca. They have slowly started to build their relationship. Celeste's parents have even been talking to her again and explained to her the deal between the Caros and Battaglias.

"So basically you wanted my money too? Isn't that a bit too greedy? Marrying a girl because she's the heir of a rich family?" Celeste asked Luca feeling tad bit offended.

The deal was that by the marriage of the two, it would tie the two families together creating a one of the biggest alliances. And Luca would get all of Celeste's shares of whatever she gets from being the heir of her family's wealth.

Everything in her life was going great. Sadly, this greatness wasn't going to last as long as you thought.

"I don't regret a single thing about the deal, though. Through this, I met you." Luca beamed.

"Ugh, I can't stay mad at you if you smile like that. Stop it, Luca." Celeste said. "Anyways, I have to go do some grocery shopping and you're late for work."

"Why don't you ask someone to shop for you? Maybe I should hire maids." Luca said.

"No, sometimes I want to pretend I'm married to normal man and I can do normal things, okay. No maids, no hiring people to do simple tasks for me." Celeste liked to pretend she had a normal husband, came from a normal family, is normal but none of those things are true. Little things such as grocery shopping on her own, cleaning, cooking made her feel like a normal person. Luca hadn't agreed to let get a job though because he thinks it's too dangerous since there are too many people after him.

"Okay, fine, stubborn wife. Go ahead." He placed a kiss on her forehead and said goodbye to as he left to get ready for work.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Celeste had borrowed one of Luca's least luxurious cars because she didn't want any attention towards herself. Luca was a car fanatic and had way too many luxurious cars, which made it hard to stay out of people's views whenever they went out.

By least luxurious car, she meant a very expensive car but it looked less flashier than the other.

She parked the Mercedes-Benz G-wagon in front of Walmart (A/N: me, totes relatable, lol). She didn't take more than 15 minutes to buy the necessities because she knew that she could very easily get lose track of time at Walmart.

As she was pushing her cart towards her car, she saw a familiar face standing beside her car. Her heart dropped, she knew exactly who that was. Adriana. What does she want from me? Is it too late to turn around and run the other way?

Adriana managed to look flawless in a mere white t-shirt dress that went right above her mid-thigh. She had her hair slicked back into a ponytail and wore John Lennon-like hippie sunglasses.