18. demise.

"So, you're the horrible father who sold off his daughter to the Battaglias?" One of the men said, holding a gun towards Mr. Caro's head.

Celeste's parents had been attacked. All their defensive forces, a.k.a security and bodyguards, have been shot dead. They were fully surrounded by these anonymous people.

"What the hell do you want from my family? Please, leave my family out of this." Mr. Caro said.

As he said that, two other men dragged his wife and Beatrice's into the room.

"Dad! What's happening! Dad, I don't want to die!" Beatrice was panicking.

The man holding her, slapped her hard, "Shut up, bitch."

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH MY DAUGHTER." Mr. Caro yelled.

"Yeah, they're gonna be dead soon anyways." Said the one who still had his gun pointed at Mr. Caro.

"You're wife is a pretty little thing. Maybe we could get some use out of her before taking her life?" The man holding onto his wife said.

"Get your fucking hands off of me, you bastard." Mrs. Caro spat in the guy's face.

"Ouu, feisty, I like this one." He smirked.

"Don't you fucking dare touch a single hair on her head. What do you people want?" Mr. Caro was almost begging at this point.

That's when a leggy model-like woman walked in, "Ah... so this is the famous Celestina Battaglia's family..."

"Adriana Rossi? You're still alive?" Mr. Caro was shocked.

Adriana laughed, "Yes, sir, I'm still alive. And your daughter is now married to my money man. That was your biggest mistake."

"What- I'll get them to separate. Just please, leave my family out of this." Mr. Caro couldn't think of anything. For the first time in his life he was helpless.

"No, I don't think so. All of you gotta go in order for Celeste to think Luca had something to do with your murders." Adriana had a poisonous smirk on her face. "But I will have some mercy and give you all five minutes on the phone with her." She handed Mrs. Caro her cellphone.

The mother quickly went on her email and wrote Celeste a whole email explaining their situation, hoping and praying Celeste won't blame anyone innocent or blame herself for this. She sent the email. Then went on to call her.

Mom: Celestina, darling, I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to hear you voice again, I don't have much time. Your father and sister don't have much time either, we just wanted to tell you we love you.

C: mom? Mom, what are you talking about?

Dad: Celestina, my sweet daughter. I deeply apologize for marrying you off so young, for not spending enough time with you, for not giving you the love you deserved. I'm sorry, love. I love you.

Beatrice (A/N: just to clarify this is Beatrice, Celeste's sister, not BeaTRIX, who is Luca's sister): hey sis, I love you. I'm sorry if I ever caused you any harm. I'm sorry and I love you.

Celeste could hear gunshots through the phone.

C: someone please tell me what's happening? Mom? Dad?

Mom: There isn't enough time. Luca-

Gunshots were blaring and they realized that Adriana shot the cellphone, "Time's up."