Chapter 8

xx Andy 

My eyes opened, and I was surprised to be facing a hard chest. I titled my head upwards, and all I can see was Louis' chin. I tried to move to get a look if he is sleeping or what, but then I noticed his arms was draped over my waist, holding me almost too protective. 

Wait, wasn't he sleeping on my lap the last time I saw him? He must have changed our positions or something. I didn't move anymore, since I didn't want him to wake up. I did touch his throat though, feeling if he is still hot from the fever. Nope, he's all good. Then my fingers started to trace his chin, then his jaw lines, then .. 

"Take a picture, it will last longer." Louis said as he instantly grabbed my hand. 

I was caught by surprise, but blushed quickly. I pulled my hand and turned away, "Pssh, I wasn't even looking at you." 

Then Louis started to sit up too, "Okay Effy, but we both know the truth." He smirked. 

I scoffed and grabbed some sand and threw it at him. He gasped and said, "You should have not done that." 

I saw his eyes turn evil and he started to stand up. I stood up too, and realized he was about to get a hold of me. I ran out of the cave trying to avoid him. I was running to the ocean, taunting him as well.

"You can't get me, loser." 

Louis then came closer, as I was walking further in the ocean, water already up above my knees.  

"I don't think so." He said and smirked. He started running in the ocean as well, and of course I was running deeper into the ocean. I could hear his laugh from behind, so I started laughing too seeing how stupid we must be. That was until I tripped on a sea coral and fell face first in the water. 

The salt water stung my eyes, and that was when I realized I wasn't really in the shallow part of the ocean. It wasn't that deep, it would have been easy for me to get up, if I haven't swallowed some water. I was waving my arms up above the water, and that's when I felt hands picking me up. 

Once out of the water, I coughed out what I swallowed. Then I realized my face was inches away from Louis. He was apparently carrying me bridal style. 

He was actually still laughing while carrying me to the shoreline. "Karma is a pain in the ass, isn't it?" 

I squiggled out of his arms. "Whatever, just put me down." 

He chuckled, "So stubborn. You know, guys don't like stubborn girls." 

I looked at him with my death glare. Then I jokingly said, "Then why do you like me so much, huh?" Then added a laugh at the end. 

But he wasn't laughing. He just looked at me, smiled sweetly and said, "Hey, I'm Louis Tomlinson. I'm not just any other guy, huh?" Then he looked back at the direction which he was taking me. 

Did he really mean that? I mean, he didn't look like he was joking at all, unlike the way I asked earlier. So, does he like me? I should really stop over thinking, because it makes my stomach flip and my heart beat fast. That kept me silent until he placed me down on the sand. 

I smoothed out my shorts as I said, "You know, we should really get back to the boys. At least let them know we're alive." I said laughing. 

He then pouted like a cute baby. "Aww, do we really have too." 

I giggled. I stood up on my tippy toes and squeezed his cheeks. "But we have too." I let go and said, "Besides, your boyfriend Harry misses you so much."