Chapter 26

"I have died every day waiting for you. Darling don't be --"

I turned off the radio. The last thing I need right now is a song about dying. Today, is the day. It's either I get better, or I die. I am really rooting for the first option.

I couldn't sleep last night, I was thinking of all the possibilities that would happen today. If it wasn't for Louis' soothing lullaby, I couldn't have slept at all.

I looked at my watch. I have to go down in five minutes. I was looking outside my bedroom window for about thirty minutes now, watching the raindrops fall from above. I look at the grey cloud and started to wonder if He ( God ) really was there. I do hope so, so at least if I die, I know I'll be some where, with the raindrops.

I took a last look at my room. I took a look at the pictures I have hanging on my wall. My family, my friends, my Louis .. I couldn't imagine a world with out them, even if that world is the after life. I sighed and grazed my hand over the photograph of Louis and I before I stepped out.

I took my last step down the stairs and saw that everyone was quietly sitting in the living room. All had their chins under their hands like thinking in a deep thought. The last thing I'd think that would be in the house is silence.

I inhaled heavily before putting on my best smile for them. "I'm ready guys."

They all faced me and my heart was already crushed when I saw my sister, Emily, with tears in her eyes. She jumped from her seat, ran to me and hugged me so tight. "I love you Effy, I'm sorry for being a brat. Please please come back home later? Please."

It was the first time Emily said sweet words to me. I can't help it, my tears started to flow. I started stroking her hair as I looked at her. "I love you too Ems. I'll be back, I promise, okay? I promise." Then I kissed her cheek.

Then the other boys started standing up and making their way to me.

"I want to come to the hospital with you." Harry said as he started to hug me.

"I know, don't worry. I'm coming back home to you, curly."

He hugged me tighter, and I heard him sob over my shoulders.

"Thank you for making us happy, Effy. Especially boobear. And I can't wait for you to be back." Harry said. All I could do was nod and he kissed me on my cheeks.

Zayn, Niall and Liam also hugged me with sobs. They said their good lucks and like what I said to Harry, I promised them that I'll make it through.

But I am scared, because promises are meant to be broken. I hope, this time, it isn't the case.

"Let's go hon." Mom said as she stood up. I nodded to her and faced Louis who was still in a trance. I took his hand and got his attention. He was coming with us the hospital.

The ride to the hospital was deafening because of the complete silence. I was sitting behind with Louis who was looking out the car window, biting his lips or thumb from time to time. This breaks my heart.

Once in the hospital, the nurse told me I have 20 minutes left before going to the prep room. I then took the courage to face my mom.

Her eyes were full of tears and in less than a second it started to flow, hard. So did mine. She hugged me, ever so tightly, but even so, I feel that it wasn't enough. I hugged her tighter, this maybe the last time you know.

"You are a blessing in my life, Elizabeth. You made me a mother, and I couldn't be happier. I love you so much, I love you, I love you, I love you. And if things don't work out today .. "

".. I'll tell dad how great of a mother you are." I whispered in her ear.

My mom even sobbed harder. It took her a minute to compose herself before saying, "Well, he would wait a little longer because you will make it through."

"I love you mom."

She stroked my head and kissed me on my forehead. "And I love you, Effy."

My eyes shifted to the corner, and I saw Louis leaning back on a wall, looking at the ground. Still in a trance.

I slowly made my way to him. Once he noticed my presence, his eyes lit up. I was looking at the ground. "So this is it. This is whe--"

"You will marry me, right? You promised?" He suddenly asked.

Tears activated again. "Without a doubt, Louis."

"That's all I needed to know."

Then he grabbed me on my waist and pulled me closer to him. With one final look, he leaned in and crashed his lips into mine. It was so passionate, I felt all the love Louis has for me. I don't know how long we kissed, because honestly, time stopped.

The only thing that was running through my head was that I was going to make it through, and I would marry this man.

After our kiss, we were panting for air. I saw a tear escape from his right eye.

"I'll see you later." He said as he stole another kiss from me.

"I love you, Louis Tomlinson." I said looking at him straight in the eye.

"I love you, I'm in love with you, and I want to be with you, forever, Elizabeth McClair. Remember that." He said then planting his last kiss before I go.

Even if I die today, I vow that I won't ever forget that, Louis. Never.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOUIS POV

I made my way to the hospital's chapel. I stepped in and took in the calm, serene and holy aura of the place. I then went to the middle of the altar and knelt down. I looked above and saw the cross.

"Hello there, I know you are listening, you always do. I'm Louis Tomlinson, an average young boy who is in love with the most amazing girl you created. When I saw her, I truly believed that everything you made was beautiful." I started to say to him.

"And now, she's on the line. I know that she's perfect, and she's good, and she deserves to be in your place above there, but please, could you delay it? The world .. life .. is temporary, I know .. but with her, she makes living feel like a permanent thing, you know?"

I chuckled to myself. "Of couse you know, silly me."

"All I ask from you right now is, let her live, please. There's so much in stored for her, so many more lives she will change .. like what she did to mine." I smiled to myself.

"She's going to make your world, even more beautiful, that I promise." I said.

"And .. if you let her live .. we will soon make a vow infront of you." I smiled again as I linger on the thought of us getting married.

With my last look on the cross. "I love her so much, and I know you do."

"I mean, what's not to love about Elizabeth McClair?"

I hope He heard me, I really hope so.