Chapter 20

AN: Yay for a new chapter! xx 

After what felt like forever, Louis and I finally retracted from our make out session. I suddenly turned red remembering that we were kissing infront of fifty plus people. 

My gaze shifted to the other four boys who were approaching us and had grins and smirks on their faces. Harry went closer to Louis and started to pat his shoulders. 

"Well that was.." he started to say. 

Louis interrupted, "Unbelivable?" 

Harry scoffed. "So predictable lad!"

"Yeah, I saw you holding on the microphone like you were about to strangle it to death. I knew in a matter of time that you'd jump off stage and beat the hell out of Jai." Niall said then chuckled. 

The other boys also joined the laughter. But the mere mentioning of Jai's name made me look around for him. I saw him talking to Gavin carrying his bag. He shaked hands with Gavin and saw his lips saying good bye already. He swung his coat over his shoulders and then looked at me. I saw a tiny bit of sadness in his eyes, but he still managed to give me a smile. It was obviously forced because just after a second it already dropped off his face. 

I excused myself from the boys and approached Jai. Once I was near him, I felt awkward because I didn't really know what to say. 

"Hey, leaving already?" I asked trying to start a conversation. 

He sighed a bit before replying, "Yeah, it was a long day, you know?"

I bit my lip, looked down and started to nod. Should I say sorry to him? It was probably embarrasing for his part with what happened earlier. 

"Look Jai, about earlier.." I trailed off.

He then placed his hand on my shoulder, and then slowly slid it down on my arms. His touch felt good, but nothing would compare to Louis'.

"It's okay Effy. I get it now." Jai said then smiled at the end. 

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you earlier that you know .. Louis and I were um.." 

"Boyfriend and girlfriend?" He asked. 

"Oh, we're not that.." I said. 

He knitted his eyebrows. "Really? Well that display earlier didn't seem like you're not together." He said then chuckled. I hope he really isn't hurting deep inside. 

"But we're really not!" I protested.

He chuckled. "Chill. Well, I think he's gonna ask you soon." 

He reassured me with a smile. "And you know what, he is a very lucky guy." 

I blushed and looked at him. "Thanks for saying that Jai. It was so nice to meet, and work with you today." 

He grinned. "Same to you, Effy." He then stepped closer. 

"It's impossible not have a crush on you Effy. You're like a boy magnet and you don't even know it." He said and then continued, "I hope he doesn't kill me for doing this but .."

He then leaned down and kissed me on my cheek. 

I didn't even turn around to see Louis' reaction. I just stared at Jai and admired him for being a true man. He was then looking at me too, smiling and all. He then turned around and started walking out the door. And finally, I felt at ease.

I then made my way back to Louis. He then poked my ribs. "I saw that." 

"Oww!" I said touching my ribs. I was rubbing it because it stung longer than I thought it would. "He was just saying good bye. Give the poor boy a break, you've been sending him death glares all day!"