Act I : Introduction

Kiana and Jasper are sitting on the floor of her room, reading. Jasper looks up from his book and says "You do know that I like you, right Kia?" Still looking at my book, I say, "Is that supposed to be a confession, Jaz?".
He continues to look at me until I raise my head and face him. I say, "Well, honestly, I have realized for a while now, the way you look at me, it is quite evident. As for me, I really like you as a friend but I don't know what will happen to us if we take that step...understand?"
Jasper looked like he had understood the wrong thing and he turned his head and looked back into his book. I really wanted to hug him right there, but it would have been taken in the wrong context I'm sure. But what could I say to him? That I was scared of ruining our friendship like all the others before him?

Then he suddenly said, "You don't feel attracted to me, do you? If you were, you wouldn't be saying these things". I sighed, he did understand the wrong thing after all. I replied, "Jaz, I think that you're taking this the wrong way. It is because I care about you that I didn't want to take the next step".

He suddenly dropped his book and his lips found my cheek. I was taken aback, had he not been listening at all? I went red, I hope that he didn't see that. I knew I was wrong when I saw him smirking. He took that cheeky smirk of his and went back to reading his book while I sat there embarrassed. I had no idea what to say. I guess he just wanted to see for himself. He had won this round. "You do realize that I could have slapped you instead right?" I said. Jasper didn't even look up when he said, "I quote, you said 'you didn't want to take the next step' which means that that was in the past. I just read you like an open book". I went red again when I realized that. It was subconscious, this decision, but I'm glad he picked up on it. "If you look like that any longer, I am going to kiss you. And not on your cheek" he said. He was playing with me, I felt like I was playing into his hands since the beginning. I decided to get back at him. I said, "Well, I am going to take a shower now. I'll see you later, or not".

Haha, now he'll be here while I make melody with my shower head. He'll be flustered. I'll make sure of it! I got up and left without even looking at his face. I would see the look on his face and that smirk would fade away. Haha, i could almost imagine that.
I got in the shower and I wanted him to wait for me at least for a while so I took my time. I think I finished in about 20 minutes. I was planning on going back to my room with my towel around me and my hair dripping wet. I made sure that I smelled nice so that he would be tempted. Haha! My revenge is near!

I opened my room door to find him taking a nap on my sofa. Damn him, I wish he hadn't. Oh well, I'll get him the next time for sure. I started to dry myself and put on my clothes when he started to awaken. I wanted to surprise him so I put my face near his and said "Rise and shine, it's 6 o'clock, in the evening. "

He opened his eyes slowly and without warning he grabbed me onto the sofa. Our faces were inches apart and his hands kept me from falling off of the sofa. He hugged me close and my lips met his. His one hand went up to my thigh and as his tongue slipped into my mouth, he started to caress my bottom. I couldn't stop myself, my hands went to his face and we kissed until I was out of breath. He withdrew and I realised our position on the sofa. He let me go and I sat on the sofa still breathing heavily. He got up and sat as well and said nothing for a few minutes while I caught my breath.

He finally broke the silence with "I'm not going to apologize for that, even though I thought that I was dreaming. I have dreamed of you naked many times and I didn't want to act on it because I care for you. But I want you know that I want you. I want you very badly and I don't know what to do."

Awwww, he was just so cute!! I wish I could have recorded him saying that, now wouldn't that be epic, he was red all over and he tried to be serious as he reddened!! I took a breath, contained myself and replied saying "Honestly, I'm glad to know that I'm wanted by you too. I didn't want my desires to take over because I know that I could ruin our relationship like that. But, I want to try a different approach with us because I trust you"

What the hell was I saying? I didn't want to discuss that with him! He would just run away from me then. But, he looked at me and he smiled "Let's hear this new approach".

He was walking into a trap, he should know better right? Or was I supposed to? I took a deep breath. I wasn't sure where this was going, how it would pan out, how he would fit in, if we would even survive today! But, I guess, that was the beauty of our relationship, so fleeting, so distant, I was trying to hope but, I couldn't, so, I just decided to blow the trumpet and let the angels know that it was time to find someone new. They could take him away right this moment, it was quite possible. Here I blow my chance away! I said , "You do realise that one of the reasons that this happened is because we are both sexually frustrated right? So, I was thinking that we could split our relationship into one with only sex and sexual desires, and the other as a normal relationship. I don't want to define our relationship as a box of a boy friend or girlfriend. I want us to be who we are and be happy. What do you think?"

Cue the angels (or the devils?), I could almost hear them singing as they took this chance away, of me being happy. Oh well, better luck next time right? I looked at him in anticipation as he mulled things over. There was this tiny flicker of hope, maybe it would be different with us. Then he turned to me and said "So, are you saying that I treat you like a sex friend in a way? And the rest of the time I'm just who I normally am with you?". He is getting the point! I think he is getting it, but, how can he be so calm? I just asked of him the most ridiculous thing ever!

I answered, "Yes, sort of, but there's no need to put it in a box. For now, I think we should give ourselves an alias so that we know who to be. I think I'll be Melina, or just Mel. Who are you going to be?"

Did I have to say this? And where the hell did Melina come from anyway? I think it means honey or bee, sigh, that is just sad. I don't think I should tell him that, it has too many sexual connotations... He thought about it for just a few seconds and said, "I think I'll be Leo, the lion. Hehe. So, when will you be Mel?"

He is seriously considering my proposal? My sweet Jasper is considering this? That is not possible. It is not! and yet it seems to be happening!! The angels seem to have lost their way while getting here, I guess my trumpet wasn't too loud this time around. I said, " I think tomorrow we can start since I have work."

He started to get up and said "Well then, I'll be seeing you tomorrow Mel". He winked and I smiled. He took his stuff and just as he was leaving I asked while getting up.

"Jaz..."

He stopped and turned to me.

"are we good?"

I had no idea what he was going to say but I was scared. This could change our relationship drastically. He started to walk towards me and I thought he was going to kiss me, I really didn't want that though. He came close and reached out towards me, I closed my eyes, I was going to ruin everything if he saw what I was thinking. He came close and put his arms around me. I almost couldn't believe it until he held me closer. I put my arms around him too and we stayed like that for a while. He finally said "You were scared, weren't you? I'm sorry that I didn't realise why. I'm still here for you, and I want you to be here for me too." He let go of me and smiled before leaning to kiss my forehead. His smile brought joy in my heart more so than his words. I pulled him towards me and hugged him tight. Then I gave him a kiss on his cheek. I saw him blush and I instead of feeling satisfied, I thought "he's just like me, treading new ground".

He finally left and I sat down against the door to gather my thoughts. What had just happened? Didn't I just cross that line of no return? I wanted to take another shower to clear my head but I had stuff to do.