Chapter 19 🌙

"Sensei could we PLEASE spar?" I ask for the hundredth time as I hold onto Yamato's arm. We're all currently still in the hotel and it's early morning. I haven't had a spar with Yamato sensei in years, not even with any of team seven! Well. . I haven't sparred with the members of team seven who are doing legal activities.

Yamato sensei sends me a look "Haru we can't take time off of today, we need get to the Tenchi bridge soon." I slump my shoulders at this and look up when he places a hand on my head. "Plus, after watching you nearly kill three jonin I'm not sure if I want to spar." He jokingly says.

I roll my eyes at this "That was only because I was trying to prove a point! I would never kill you! Plus, I'm not the strongest person ever sensei. You'd probably still beat me." I say as we begin walking downstairs to meet up with the rest of the unit.

"See Haru, you can't go into a fight feeling this way. I could tell just by standing here that you're a powerful kunoichi and I haven't seen you fight much at all yet. But if you go into a battle with the mindset that your opponent is going to beat you, odds are that they will." Yamato sensei lectures.

I nod but sigh. "What about Orochimaru huh? What if we see him? Sure I can beat a few jonin be he's a sannin! I'm putting emphasis on the word 'sannin' for a reason sensei!" I complain letting one of my worries out. Ever since Orochimaru showed me my father's death in the chunin exams I've been a little scared of him. Then when the third hokage died trying to kill Orochimaru that only worsened my fear.

Sure I push it down in times of need but Sasuke damn well knows I hate Orochimaru and would probably freak out if I could when he's around. If those two things weren't enough, Orochimaru knows about my former relationship with Sasuke. I think that's my worse fear. The fact that he knows such a crucial detail about my life. A detail that could ruin me.

"Haru are you listening?" Yamato sensei asks. I snap out of my zone and look at him sheepishly "Sorry sensei, I'm just worried about Orochimaru thats all." I say before running a hand though my hair.

"Haru weren't you trained in the tundra of Urufumūn?" Yamato sensei asks. I nod with furrowed eyebrows, why's he bringing that up? "By the twin wolf sages?" He continues to which I nod again. "Learning Senjutsu?" I nod once again. "For three years straight?" He finally asks to which I nod the last time.

"Why's that relevant?" I ask, Yamato deadpanning at me. "Haru, I have high doubts that you're unable to defend yourself against the likes of Orochimaru. Sure he's a powerful ninja, but you've proven to be one as well. You're an heir to both the Oshiro and Senju clan. So stop doubting yourself." He encourages. Well, Shinji is more of an heir than I am. He's one hundred percent Oshiro!

We don't really say much else as we continue walking since I'm lost in my own thoughts, thats when we meet up with the rest of our team.

I can't help but roll my eyes when I see their obvious attitudes towards one another. Sakura is in the middle looking about she doesn't know wether to punch Naruto or Sai, Naruto himself is glaring daggers through Sai's head, and Sai is smiling weirdly as if the other two weren't ready to kick him in the balls.

"So we should get going." I say, breaking the awkward silence. Tenz- I mean Yamato sensei nods and places a hand on my shoulder. "Haru why don't you lead the unit for a bit?"

My jaw drops slightly and I instantly shake my head "Why me?!"

"Well, I brought us all here to this hotel to improve the rapport of the unit. Now I want you to lead the team for a while to improve your confidence level." He orders. I pout but nod nonetheless.