0.06

After that night in the hotel the relationship between Sage and Allison had changed. The brunette was always there. She would come over after every school and watch Sage play League of Legends, even bringing her own laptop over to play with her, Davis, and Nate. They had fun together, but Sage continued to tell anyone who asked her about their relationship that they were only friends and only having fun. She ignored the feeling she got in her stomach when she saw Allison, she ignored the fire she felt whenever Allison touched her, she ignored all the clear signs that she actually like Allison; because to Sage Beaumont feeling something for Allison was unthinkable.

But for once since the night at the hotel, Sage was with someone other than Allison. She stood next to Stiles at the school as he watched his father talk to the Principal about the dead deputy found hanging on the school sign. Noah spotted both him and Sage and they quickly turned around, trying to hide themselves.

"Hey! Hey, hey, hey. Back it up you two." they stopped and turned around, "I know what you're thinking. I know you've got all these ideas. About patterns and people dying in threes--"

"Dad, murdered, okay? Sacrificed, actually."

"I've got half the state, including the FBI, coming in on this. They're not getting away with killing one of our own."

"Dad, they killed Tara. You know, how many times did she help me with my math homework when I had to wait at the station for you?"

"Just, uh, get to class, okay? You too, Sage." they both turned and walked towards. Sage pulled out her phone and texted Allison to see if she was okay and she got no reply. She looked at Stiles;

"Allison's not here and she isn't texting me back. I'm gonna go check on her."

"Yeah, go check on your girlfriend. I'll get the stuff you miss." Sage flicked Stiles off before going down the hallway and into the school parking lot. She used her car to drive herself to the building that Allison and her father lived in. She knocked on their front door and waited for either Allison or Chris to come answer it. She smiled when she saw Chris standing on the other side of the door. 

"Hey, Sage." he said quietly, "Allison isn't feeling that great, maybe come back later."

"I left my biology homework here, I'll be in and out.." Sage said with a smile. He nodded and let her inside. She walked down the hallways alone and opened Allison's bedroom door only to be pushed against the bedroom door with a dagger at the throat, "hello, to you too." she said calmly.

"What are you doing here?"

"You weren't at school and you weren't answering my texts." Allison released her and sighed.

"Were you worried about me?"

"No?" Sage said, but it came out more like a question.

"I can take care of myself."

"That's obvious." 

"Look, Sage. I appreciate that you came to check up on me, but you need to leave. I can do this on my own. You don't have training like I do and I don't want you to get hurt." Sage didn't fight her, because she knew Allison was right. Though Sage was tough and knew how to punch Scott, didn't mean she could fight anyone else, especially not something supernatural like a Darach or an Alpha. Plus it wasn't like she was apart of the McCall pack, "go back to school and I'll call you tonight." Sage nodded and looked at Allison.

"Just be careful." Sage said.

"Watch out, someone might think you have feelings for me with words like that."

"They'd be crazy." Sage said leaving her bedroom, she walked past Chris and smiled.

"Get your biology homework?"

"Yeah, I did. Thanks, see you later Mr. Argent." Sage left the building and didn't bother going back to school, but instead went to the hospital to visit her father. She sat next to him and read from the book that was his favorite. But she paused and looked at him, "I know it's been awhile since I've come to see you. But it's crazy right now, Dad. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to stay out of all this Supernatural business. I haven't seen Davis and Nate for weeks because I'm wrapped up in this now. Sure we talk while playing League, but Allison is always there." she paused and breathed out, "Allison's this girl I've been seeing casually. She used to date Scott and I knew I was her rebound and I was okay with that. But now she is constantly around. Maybe I should cut things off before she gets her feelings hurt by the lack of emotions I have. I'm not made to love anyone like that. My brain doesn't work that way. I want intimacy, not commitment." after that she went back to the book and sighed. She looked up only when the door opened and Davis and Nate walked in, "what are you guys doing here?"

"You weren't at school, weren't at home, figured you were here or with Allison." Nate said coming to sit by, "hey, Mr. Beaumont; looking good." he said with a smile.

"Figured you'd be hungry and we can go get food." Sage nodded, putting the bookmark on the page she was on and placing it inside the bedside table drawer. She stood up and kissed the top of her father's head.

"Bye, dad." she left with her friends and they drove to their favorite diner on the outskirts of town. She sat next to Davis, her head on his shoulder.

"What's going on with you?" he asked.

"Sacrifices are happening and Noah wont' listen to Stiles. I'm getting dragged into this world I don't want to be apart of more and more lately. Plus-" she stopped herself from continuing and took a drink of her coffee.

"Plus, what?" Nate asked looking at her.

"Plus, you're getting feelings for Allison?" Davis asked.

"What, no?! I think she is getting them for me and I have to break it off." the two boys nodded, they knew not to argue with Sage, "it's just better this way. I'm not made for relationships." the waitress came over and took their order. They sat there for hours, and finally Sage was laughing. She was out of her own head and smiled with her friends. After being there for three hours Sage was pulled out of the fun by her phone ringing, "Stiles, what's up?"

"Where are you?"

"Fifth Street Diner with Nate and Davis. What's wrong?"

"It's Jennifer. The Darach is Jennifer and she took my dad." Sage sat up quickly and got her money from her wallet. She slammed money down.

"I gotta go. I'll call you guys, I promise." she rushed out and got into her car, "where are you?"

"Scott and I are going to Derek's."

"What can I do?"

"Go home and try not to be the last sacrifice?"

"Thanks for putting that into my head, asshole. Let me know what happens."

"Of course."  he hug up the phone and she drove to her house. She got inside and locked the doors and texted both Nate and Davis in their group text. She called Allison over and over again but got no reply. She was surprised that Nate and Davis came over to sit with her. She waited to get news impatiently as her friends watched television. 

"They're going to find him." Nate confirmed.

"I know, but he better be alive. Or I'll be livid."