Chapter 19

"He doesn't even like me and neither do I. " Jonathan said mocking me as I got out of the kitchen. " You sure kiss as if you guys don't feel anything for each other. "

" Jonathan, why were you watching us? " I asked covering my face

" It's not my fault that you guys couldn't control your self and was about to go down and dirty in the kitchen. " Jonathan said

" The kiss was nothing, we weren't going to go further, I just wanted to put him in his place. " I said and Jonathan smiled

" You sure put him in his place. " he said smirking while I smacked his shoulder

" You're so pathetic, when you get a mate I'd be sure to mock you and that was nothing. " I said sternly.

" Surely it was nothing. " He said smirking and I rolled my eyes

" Breakfast is ready. " Alpha Lucas said motioning for us to join him on the table and surprisingly Damon and Sam were there.

Jonathan sat down beside Sam purposely leaving me to sit beside Damon .

" So where are you guys headed to? " Alpha Lucas asked

" We are visiting an old friend of mine. " Sam answered

After eating we decided to leave. We were at the front door saying our goodbyes when Damon appeared out of nowhere.

" Thank you so much Alpha Lucas for letting us stay at your place. " I said. " And sorry for not trusting you. "

" No problem, you guys should stay safe. " he said

" Hopefully we will try. " Jonathan said

We started our journey back and we met Vulcan on the way. Damon was still over at Alpha Lucas place to talk about some alpha work. We didn't say a word after what happened in the kitchen and he didn't even say goodbye or anything, just watched as we left. I didn't want to feel disappointed or anything because I really wasn't expecting anything but all the same it hurt. He couldn't even be sweet and be like 'take care of yourself', 'come back to me safely' and even pop a kiss in. He just had to look at me as if I was just an ordinary guest leaving and that hurt no matter how I wanted to deny it. I just had to get over the fact that nothing could happen between us despite the fact that we were mates and that realisation wasn't the best.

"Come on lighten up babe. " Vulcan said cheerfully and I managed a smile.

" So where have you been since? " I asked trying to make a conversation and forget Damon but the thing is I think I miss him, I miss his scent, his look, his...

" Come on don't tell me you're thinking of lover boy right now " Jonathan said

" Jonathan, leave her alone okay, that's enough. " Sam said

" You having a problem with your mate? " Vulcan asked

" Yeah, we don't just get along. He's not just into me in any way. "

" But you guys would still get along anyway, that's why he's your mate. " he said soothingly

" I just hope we'd get along before I die. " I said

" Come on you're not going to die okay, we've got you. " Vulcan said

" Yeah, we'd die before we let anything happen to you. " Sam said

Aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww

" Be specific Sam, you'd die before you let anything happen to her. I love you and all Lee but I want to have a mate, mate with her and all before I die. " Jonathan said and I playfully jabbed him on the shoulder.