Chapter 29

The next afternoon I decided to ask Damon some questions that I had been thinking of.

"Damon we need to talk."

"We're talking aren't we? "

"Well we've are but not much, there are some issues I want you to clear up for me."

"Good, there are some things I need to understand too. "

"Okay, let's play twenty questions then."

"Why were you mean to me the very first day you saw me? "

"That's just the way I usually am you were a rogue, I have a bad history with them and the way you talked to me didn't help matters, if you had been polite I might have been,"He answered.

"Why were you so rude to me and didn't tell me anything about you? "

"I was rude to you because I found you annoying and I couldn't stand the way you talked to me and I didn't want to tell you anything because it had nothing to do with you. "I replied

"What do you have against rogues? "

"They killed my foster parents." He simply replied.

"Your foster parents, does this mean...?"I asked shocked at the revelation .

"If you look at it in that aspect, I'm not really the true alpha of the pack. "He answered.
I had no idea about this and I'm still surprised that he's actually replying me honestly.

"What does Loranda have against you?"

"Sincerely, I still don't know, I just know she really hates me because of a prophecy that says I'll kill her so she's just trying to kill me before I do and sincerely I don't think I would.

"Who is Aria? "I asked and I could see him get tensed .

"She's was my sister. "He replied.

"What happened to her,how did she die? "

"It was my fault,i let her go to look for my mother and before I came back she was dead, I shouldn't have left. "He replied his voice filled with guilt.
It was obvious he blamed himself for her death and he wasn't over it and I kinda felt guilty for bringing up memories.

"What don't you like about me?"He asked, I could feel his eyes trained on me just as I was about to reply.

"Your complexity. You can be fun to be with sometimes even caring and understanding and other times you're,rude,cold, unaffectionate and distant. I can't keep up with that and I don't want you to be like that. I want to get to know you. "

"I'd like that. I want to really get to know you too. I want you to open up to me, come to me if you're are feeling good or bad. I just want us to have this sort of connection and understanding. "

"I'd like the same too. I want you to open up to me, talk to me about anything and everything and for us to get along. "

"We'd do that from now on then."

"What is Cici to you? "He wasn't expecting me to ask that at all and I could sense that he was thinking of what to say probably not to hurt me replying.

"She was my girlfriend, there's nothing going on between us now "

"Why did you have sex with Cici even after realizing I was your mate?" I asked the pain and hurt evident in my tone.

"I'm sorry, I wanted to take my mind off you, I know it was a stupid thing to do though."

"Very stupid, you have no idea what I went through. It wouldn't have affected me that much if it was before you met me but it was the day you met me Damon. If you wanted your mind off me you could have come to talk to me or better still not talk to me."