Chapter 43

I've been walking around in circles trying to find my way home but I was lost. I was walking around aimlessly. There were lots of things going on around me but it felt as if I wasn't there. People were fighting all around. Darkness consumed the thick forest and dead bodies laid all around. A figure appeared walking towards me but the mist of the forest prevented me from seeing who it was.

As the figure became closer I saw who it was, it was no one other than Loranda but what happened next shocked me. I expected her to come at me with all the weapons ever created but when she was in front of me she fell on her feet bowing her head and when she raised it up her eyes were red, her face was puffy, she looked like she had been crying. She looked pitiful and for a second I pitied her and then she said something I've never thought of her saying. "Please help me." I looked at her in confusion and I saw some people running towards her.

"Please, please help me. I beg you. " She pulled my legs and begged me like her life depended on it.

I looked at her in confusion and woke up with that same confusion on my face. What was that all about?

"Hey, what's wrong?" Damon asked as I sat upright.

"I had the weirdest dream ever." I wiped the sleep off my face trying to wipe the dream out of my head as well.

"What happened?" He looked scared

"It was so weird. I saw Loranda." I saw him tensed. "She was running from someone, she knelt down in front of me and begged me to help her." I thought he would have eased up a bit hearing that nothing serious happened but he still looked tense.

"Is there anything wrong?" I asked watching him intently.

"There's something you need to know. " He started slowly. Why did I think I wasn't going to like this? Is it something related to Loranda? What did she do again?

As if answering my question he answered, "she's here. "

I immediately sat upright. "What's she doing here, where is she? What does she want?" I remembered the letter she sent the last time. What's her plan this time around?

"She's in the dungeon, Sam and our guards are watching her. She really wants to speak with you. " I looked at him like he was crazy for thinking that she wanted to sincerely talk to me. After everything she has put me through she wants to talk? What does she want to talk about? I can't even listen to her. She has done a lot of evil things, killed a lot of people and if she was in any form of trouble then she deserved it.

"Lee...." I looked at him and then remembered my dream. What sort of trouble could she be in and why does she need my help? I won't even help her, not after all what she has put me through.

"She needs to leave Damon, she's trouble. I don't want to have anything to do with her. " how could she imagine that I would want to talk to her?

"She helped in trying to find you, you know. She tortured him before I killed him."

"I don't care Damon. She just helped because she wants something from me, she's going to discard me when she's done. I think it's time I fulfill this prophecy and get on with my life. " I was tired of all of this. I just wanted to be with Damon, mate with him and have his children, all of this was getting in the way.

"I don't trust her either, I know what she's capable of. I want all of this to end and to just be with you without any disturbance or trouble. You've been through a lot, I just want you to live, to be with me without any obstacles on our way and for that to happen we need to get rid of Loranda. I've contacted the other alphas, they are on their way with their armies, we're going to take her down. " I sighed, she hasn't harmed us yet but there was no way to tell that she wouldn't.

" I just want this to end Damon, I'm really tired, I'm tired of running. " I just wanted this to end badly, I'm done.

"Come here baby." I moved closer to him and he hugged me and gave me a kiss on my head. "It will be over sooner than you think."

I closed my eyes and sighed, I had a feeling it will all be over soon too.

There was a knock on the door and Aria and Chase waked in.

"Lianna, good to see you're alright. " They chorused and Aria gave me a light pat on the back.

Aria looked at Damon and it felt like they were communicating something and he nodded. I wanted to be able to communicate like that with Damon. There were a lot of things I wanted to do with him and I hope we get to do them soon.

"So I guess you already know that Loranda is here. " Aria started and I nodded.

"You'll have to see her soon, she's begging to see you. " What on earth does she want me for? I listened as Chase described how she was begging for us to talk.

" I don't want to see her. I need to rest. " Chase and Aria nodded and left. The whole thing was tiring me already.

"Come here." He held me stroking my hair till I fell asleep.

I opened my eyes and my whole body was aching me. It will take a while for me to heal fully from this. I stared at the scars on my body and sighed. This really need to be over soon.
Damon was lying next to me and watching him sleep put a smile on my face. I love him and although our mate bond wasn't really strong it was better than how it first was. I can't wait to mate with him and have his mark on my body. I craved him more everyday. Why doesn't he just want us to mate, a lot of things were just frustrating me.

"What's annoying you so early in the morning?" I didn't even notice that he was awake already.

"Why don't you want to mate with me, why don't you want to mark me? " I blurted.

"I want to Mi Reina, believe me, but you are not ready for it yet. You can't handle it. " What was he talking about here? I thought with a shy smile.

"Can't handle what exactly?" I asked mockingly.

"You can't handle me, all of me. " He jokingly said gesturing at his body and I laughed. "You're not prepared for it, there are still some things you don't know yet. "

His expression was serious. I know Damon was hiding something from me. Like how his name wasn't really Damon and things about his family. I really wanted to know and just wished he will tell me already. There was also the tattoo on his chest, I needed explanation, this isn't the time to be keeping secrets.

"I don't know yet because you haven't told me about it. " I started softly. Was it that he didn't trust me?

"I trust you baby. " He answered as if reading my mind. "I'll tell you all about it tonight. I promise. "

"She's becoming difficult to control. Maybe you should just come see her. " Jonathan announced barging in.

"Fine, fine." It's time I got to know what she wanted. I was curious already but even more curious to find out what Damon was keeping.

It's time for me to confront her, to discover the secret they keep.