Chapter 5

My eyes blinked a couple times as light shined in them from the window.  I turned over and saw Jamie laying next to me.  He was still asleep.  I yawned as Jamie's mom walked in the doorway.

"Oh good, your awake Sebastian.  Can you wake up Jamie and tell him I'm making breakfast.  It will be ready in about 20 minutes."

"Okay, I will."  She smiled at me before leaving.

I turned to my side and shook Jamie gently. "W-what?  What time is it?"  Jamie rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he yawned.

"It's 8 am.  Your mom said she's making breakfast and that it would be done in 20 minutes."

"Okay."  Jamie sat up on the bed and looked at me.

"What?" I said.

Laughing he said, "Nothing, you should just see your hair.  You got major bed head."

"Hey!  Look who's talking.  You should see your hair," I chuckled.

"So when do you have to go home?"

"Well, my parents said that I don't have to go home until noon."

"Well, that gives us time to hang out some more.  But first we should get ready for breakfast.  You don't want to see my mom when she get's mad," we both chuckled.

We got dressed and headed down the stairs.  I could smell something really good as we made our way to the kitchen.  Jamie's mom was finishing up cooking.

"Hey boys.  Breakfast will be finished in about five minutes.  Why don't you guys go wash your hands."

"Okay," we both stated before walking past Jamie's father who was sitting in his armchair reading a newspaper.

Afterwards, we sat at the table where two plates full of food were.  Jamie's mom really went all out.  There were eggs and bacon, pancakes, sausage, and hash browns on my plate.  Jamie's was the same minus the bacon and sausage.  I almost forgot that he was Jewish and his family didn't eat pork.  His mom just made it for me it seems.  "Wow, this really looks delicious.  Thank you so much!"

"Aww thank you.  Aren't you just sweet.  Definitely a keeper."

"Mom!" Jamie wined.

She just smiled and laughed as she walked away.  Jamie had a blush on his face.

I looked at him, but he refused to look at me.  Opting to stare at the ground instead.  We ate just talking about the plans we had for the rest of the day.  After we were done eating we went up stairs and decided to watch some tv.  We settled on watching cartoon network.  My favorite show, Teen Titan's Go was on.  I leaned up against Jamie's bed as he sat in his desk chair sitting in it backwards.

I couldn't stop thinking about what Jamie's mother had said earlier.  "Hey Jamie, what did your mother mean downstairs?"

Jamie instantly blushed.  "Don't worry about it.  It's nothing."  He looked away from me just how he did earlier.  I just stared at him, but not wanting to push the matter further, I let it go.

Could Jamie possibly...no way?  Could he?  I kept thinking about it, half paying attention to the tv.  Eventually it came time for me to go home.