Chapter 11

Eventually, Jamie and I decided to move out together and get an apartment. We got one that wasn't too far from our parents' houses. It wasn't too big and only had one bedroom and one bathroom. But it was big enough for the two of us.

Not long after we both decided to get married. We announced it one day at a family dinner. Lets just say that both Jamie and I's parents were ecstatic. The wedding was designed to be fairly simple. We both agreed that we wouldn't have anything to extravagant.

Our parents took it upon themselves to plan most of the wedding. The wedding took place outside in a small nearby park that we rented out. We invited all of our family and friends, and most of them came. The ceremony was beautiful, and there wasn't much else we could have asked for. Everyone cheered when we kissed after our vows and again when we cut the cake.

After the wedding, Jamie and I went on our honeymoon to Mexico. We went to the beaches there and had a wonderful time. We spent several days there and enjoyed every second of it. And lets just say we spent more than enough time having some alone time.

After our honeymoon, life went back to normal. We spent most of our time together when we weren't working. The days just seemed to get better and better.

Eventually, years passed and we decided to adopt a kid. He was such a wonderful angel. His name wash Ashton and we couldn't have asked for a better child to raise. We adopted him when he was five, and he warmed up to the two of us quickly. He didn't care that he now had two dads. He was just happy that he had a family. As time passed, he grew bigger. Next thing we knew, he was already going off to junior high. He was starting his 7th grade year. The year I met Jamie. He loved his school so much and he was quite popular. He even made a small group of friends to call his own. Seeing him come home so happy just made Jamie and I's day.

In time we noticed that he was getting particularly close to this one boy named James. We didn't think much of it at first, but after awhile it became clear. Our little man had fallen for his first real crush. We couldn't get him to stop talking about James. It was always James this and James that. Nothing else put more of a smile on our faces than seeing our son so happy.

One day he came running to us singing his head off about how James liked him too. Jamie and I thought it was so funny. It reminded us of how we were when we were his age. So full of energy and life and love. Gosh, there wasn't anything more amazing.

Our family just seemed so perfect now, despite how it all started. I thanked God that he had led Jamie to find me in the forest that one day. Without meeting him, none of this would have been possible. I was really happy. And I couldn't wait to see what else the future would hold for us.

***Up on the mantel of the fireplace sat a photo of Jamie and Sebastian, with their parents and sister, their son Ashton, and James and his parents standing with them.***