Chapter Nine: The Fair.

(Two Years Later)  

"El, we have to leave now if we are going to the fair!"  Connor yelled form the livingroom.  

"Hold on, I'll be right there."  I yelled back.  I was struggling on what to wear.  Jean usually came over and helped me but we were meeting her and Jon at the fair.  Everything I picked out made me look fat.  I finally decided on a flowly top and jean bramuda shorts.  I still looked fat, but what do you expect I was seven months pregnant.    

"Mommy,"  said the little girl walking into my room.  She had long curly brown hair and blue eyes.  She was the perfect mixture of Connor and I.  The perfect shade of tan, his nose, my eye shape, his ears, my smile and dimples.  She was mine.  "You are beautiful."  she finished making me smile.     "

Thank you Aliv."  I said knealing next to her and fixing the bow in her hair.    

"Can we go to the fair now?"  She bounced excitedly as she continued to talk about the ponies and the cottoncandy.

"There you guys are."  He picked Aliv up and carried her to the car as I picked up our free admission tickets.  

"Jon texted me saying that they were almost there."  

"Oh okay,"  I responded not actually caring, all I could think about was that tonight One Direction was performing at the fair.  I sighed, what if I saw him again.  What would I do?  What would he say?  He has a girlfriend and I have Connor.  

"El, is something wrong?"  

"No, I am actuallt perfectly fine.  It's just the mood swings."  I lied.  Connor gave me  a questioned look before he began to drive out of the driveway.  I turned on the car stereo and turned on the cd.  Adele's One and Only started play. 

"So I dare you to let me be your, your one and only

I promise I'm worthy to hold in your arms

So come on and give me a chance

To prove that I'm the one who can

Walk that mile until the end starts

Come on and give me a chance

To prove that I'm the one who can

Walk that mile until the end starts."

 I sang right along with Adele letting my emotions take the best of me.  Nobody except for Aliv has heard me sing.  I never let Connor hear me, nor Jean even though she tried to catch me.  I looked up at Connor who had tears in his eys, turning the car off.  I heard Aliv's little snores in the background.

"I.. I.. I'm sorry."  I said as I took his hand.

"I've never heard you sing before.  El, your voice is amazing."  He said smiling through the tears. I leaned in and kissed him.  A tap at the window made me jump and woke up Aliv, who started to cry. I saw it was Jean and she started to laugh.  I got out of the car slowly as Connor took out our daughter out of the car.

"El, I thought you weren't a fan of the whole Public Display of Affection."  Jean said smiling.  Jean has been my best friend since we were both played softball together.  She was still with her high school sweatheart, Jon.  Who happened to be Connor's best friend.  The two were planning on getting married next year and I honestly didn't know why they just didnt get married now.  I always end up teasing Jean because she has the biggest crush for Niall.  She is or was jealous that I actually got to live with him in London, but she knows not to push the talk of Niall and the boys because of what happened.

"I'm not."  I simply said smiling as I took Aliv into my arms.

"Auntie Jeany, Mommy was singing and she made daddy cry."  Aliv reported to Jean like she was actually awake for that whole thing.