8

Frost's p.o.v
************

   Chapter Eight: Is There a Such Thing as a Barcade?

"It's gettin' hot in here! So hot! So take off all your clothes!"

"I am, gettin' so hot, I wanna take my clothes off!" Me and Manon sing at the top of our lungs.

"I swear this movie better be worth it, since I have been driving for at least an hour with you idiots." Nova snarls.

"It ain't my fault the theater it's playing at it, is so far." I state. Kai fell asleep and is now resting his head on my shoulder.

Cole bobs his head to the song playing, scrolling through his phone. I rest my head on Kai's, but as soon as I do, the car jerks to a stop.

I go flying forward and my head bounces off Nova's seat. Kai screams and shoots up.

"Sorry," Nova mutters, "I almost missed the driveway." he backs up, and pulls into the parking lot of the movie theater.

I rub my forehead, scrunching my nose up. "Are you trying to give me a concussion? Wait you're trying to kill me, aren't you?"

"Yeah. I totally am. That's why I slammed on the breaks." Nova responds with sarcasm. He stops the car and everyone piles out.

"Oh the sweet taste of freedom!" I call out. I watch everyone stretch, before an evil laugh escapes me.

"Hey Chip, come over here real quick." I tell Kai and he does. He stares at me, waiting for an explanation. Quickly, I grab his hand and begin sprinting.

"Last one in is a rotten egg!" I scream, running at full speed. Kai manages to keep up with me. I look over my shoulder to see Nova right on my tail, Manon and Cole following.

"Come on Chip! We have more of an advantage!" I yell and go faster.

"How?!" Kai screeches.

"Because," I breath heavily before letting his hand go. "Get on my back!"

He jumps on, clutching on me, and I continue running. The movie theater doors come into view.

Almost there..

I slow down, not wanting to run into the doors like an idiot. Kai climbs off my back, and I collapse onto my knees, breathing heavily.

My life is officially over.

Nova jogs up to us, "You really are unfit." Cole reaches us with Manon in his arms, carrying her bridal style.

"Cheaters,"

"Says the one who carried Kai half way here." Cole cocks his head to the side while putting Manon down. She giggles and stands next to me.

"That.. was a bad idea.." I breath out and my leg muscles begin to ache. I sit on the ground, trying to calm down.

Mr. W would be so disappointed.

I'd imagine him saying, "You unfit trash! Get down and give me fifty!"

And then I'd be like, "This isn't the military stupid."

Yeah... I'd probably get an F..

Nova leans down and picks me up by my arm. "Come on lazy bones. Our movie is going to start."

I regained my senses and walked inside with them. We payed for our tickets and I bought popcorn for me and Kai.

Manon reaches for some popcorn, but I slap her hand away. "No! Mine! You bought candy and soda!" I hiss.