Twenty-four

Jeremy Wilson's kidnapper walked out to the garage to find him seated barefoot on the floor. By the look of it, his restraints were still tight and Jeremy was growing weaker. His arms began shaking as the hate swelled up in him. The emotion was too much to handle. He channeled it into fist and threw down a punch across Jeremy's face.

It's time...

He lifted Jeremy up and threw him down into a chair. Jeremy's body was weak but still shuddered in a weak fight to resist. Soon his hands and feet were tied to each leg of the chair. He had already scripted how he would kill him. He had to be precise in his method and resist the urge to carve him up.

"You know what comes next..."

He walked over to the old pickup truck in the garage and cranked the ignition. It began sputtering fumes out and into the garage. It was closed and so the garage began filling with invisible poisonous gas.

"Goodbye Jeremy..." And the kidnapper left him to meet his end.

Thirty minutes later, the killer walked back out into the garage with a knife and turned off the truck. Jeremy Wilson was slumped over in his chair, only held up by his restraints. No breaths, no movement. Jeremy was dead, but he knew the deed was not done. He had already stolen a life and for as emotionally driven he was in his mania, he was as exact and precise as a surgeon. He cut Jeremy free from the chair, letting him collapse onto the garage floor. Seeing him limp like this caused a swelling of relief. He released his emotion, and with it the knife. It clanged to the garage floor as he fell to his knees and looked up to the ceiling, praying to God for forgiveness. A flashing fluorescent blinked down at him.

He didn't enjoy what he had done. He had to do it. There was no choice. It was an impulse too strong to resist. His arms were shaking with adrenaline and he inhaled deep breaths trying to bring his body back into balance.

You're not done yet!

He knew he had to collect himself. There was work to be done. He eyed the cleaning supplies up against the wall of the garage and knew he had a long night of clean up ahead of him, but the crime was almost done. He still had to prepare the body and dump it. He had to make sure they would know who it was. He raised to his feet and pulled Jeremy's body onto a plastic sheet laid out on the floor. He then got to his knees at the body's waist and rolled it up into the plastic sheet, end over end, until it was layered in its own cocoon. The killer walked up to the body and saw Jeremy's bare feet poking out of the bottom of the sheet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who is the murderer? Let me know your theories in the comment section!!