Chapter 47.

I hope you're all ready to cry because I sure wasn't and it turned out horribly omg.

Anyhow, before this chapter starts, I want to thank Mybloglife for this incredibly handsome cover. I don't know how she knew one of ya girl's favorite colors was gold, but I absolutely love it.❤

And now to the chapter.. we go.

*****

Ariella

I woke up at the bottom of Dante's steps. My chest burned horribly as I was sure something was broken due to the small crack that resounded in my ears. Nausea filled me and with blurry vision, I looked for where my phone had landed.

Surely, the screen was cracked from the fall, but I prayed it'd still let me make a call. I couldn't remember how I ended up here, but when my gaze went to the floor and was met with blood as red as roses, I broke out in sobs of panic. I felt cold and fragile as the warm tears trailed down my cheeks.

Frantically searching for my phone, I scanned the floor and begin to crawl when my eyes met it. My body ached with each movement, but I was persistent with getting to it before the pain threatened to pull me under. The phone seemed like a mile away, but I knew it was closer than my current rearview mirror mind made it appear.

I felt a strong need to sleep, but I continued on until finally I was holding it in my hands. Flipping it over, I came to realize the scream was shattered all over, and I hoped trying to get it hadn't been for nothing.

Slight relief filled me when the screen light showed and I went to slide the home screen open. My first thought was to call Dante, his number on speed dial.

I spoke to siri, asking her to call him because my vision wasn't good enough to see what I was doing and the glass scratched my fingers.

My voice sounded tragic to even my own ears, but she still obeyed. My heart dropped and created a small cramp in my stomach when I heard his distant ringtone coming from right on the kitchen counter.

Oh, no. No. No. No.

I pressed down on the home button again, feeling weaker by the second as I propped up on my elbows.

Big fucking mistake that was. My chest expanded and it hurt to breath. My next request came out in a hoarse whisper and I was terrified of thinking about what could be broken or torn.

"Call 911."

Once again she listened and I heard the phone ring.

And ring.

And ring.

It seemed they weren't answering and my time of being conscious seemed to be getting shorter and shorter.

"Oh god.." I cried.

Not being able to take the pain any longer, I repositioned myself to lay on my back and stare up at the ceiling.

I only had one more option before I was out. 

"Siri, call Maddie," I hiccuped back a sob, the tears now falling to wet my ears. My hair felt sticky at the top of my head and I didn't want to imagine how much blood there was flowing out by the second. Especially since each second felt like an hour laying on the floor and completely powerless.

The phone rung once.

Then twice.

Just as I was going to give up hope, she finally answered.