22. Day Fourteen - The Final Day

Raven wakes up to the blaring sun of the Los Angeles skies, she blinks twice and rubs her eyes, then removes her head from it’s resting position on Malcolm’s shoulder and stares up at him, sleeping silently. She just stares at Malcolm, for another minute. How calm he is when he’s asleep, how innocent he seems.

            Wanting the time, she pulls her phone out from her bag, turning it on, it shows a notification from Prius, at eleven thirty yesterday night, the final happy birthday from the group that Raven needed.

            The remaining group in their hometown, sit in Mino’s Restaurant.

            “I guess right now’s goodbye?” Quincy states.

            “For now,” Alosa adds.

            Prius and Fiona keep their silence.

            “I’ve missed you guys these past two years. You have no idea,” Masslie confesses. “You guys were my life. A good one too.”

            Lopez taps his fingers on the table, trying hard not to freak out over the change, he exchanges a look between him and Fiona. It didn’t last long though.

            “If only Raven and Malcolm were here,” Alosa whispers, loudly.

            After that, the voices were overshadowed by the silence, nothing sounding went through the air until Fiona breaks the silence, “Well, I’ve got a flight to catch.”

            “So do I, actually,” Prius agrees. She glances at her watch. “And I’m pretty sure you three do as well?”

            Masslie nods, as does Lopez and Alosa.

            Everyone stands up from the table they surrounded. One by one, each of them left. Until all was left was Lopez and Quincy. “Quincy. Do you want me to stay? Because, if you do. I will.”

            She shakes her head, “no. You, you go. You need to.”

            Lopez exhales, he sits back down and takes Quincy’s hand, making her sit back down as well. “Tell me what’s on your mind. Right now. I cannot go on any plane until I know what’s actually eating at you? Just tell me. The cancellation of the marriage?”

            “It’s not just that!” Quincy yelps. “Everything’s going downhill. Aren’t I suppose to be happy this time of my life? My friends are all going separate ways, this was probably the last time we’d see each other for a long time, and none of them seemed to care that much! Not as much as I thought they should! Us, getting married, was suppose to make me feel whole,” she continued, “and after you took that away,” her voice now cracked, Lopez watched as she held back tears, “I. I have nothing to look forward to. And to top all that off, I didn’t tell any of them about us not going through with the wedding. Not even Alosa. I just told her that I could continue on with the planning by myself. Lopez, I was too embarrassed to tell them that it wasn’t going to happen, they just found out that it was, and I wanted it to happen. I really wanted it to happen!” not able to keep it all inside, Quincy breaks down into tears and buries her face into her hands.

            Lopez’s eyes are red, he grasps hold to Quincy’s arms and pulls her in to be embraced, with all his heart.

            “Question,” Prius announces aloud to Jacen, “going through with this moving in thing, does that mean I have to be friendly with your wacky celebrity friends? Because I do not wanna deal with a Kardashian asking me if her ass looks big in her jeans.”