Missing Out

**Sorry this is a late update. You guys wouldn't believe the freaking week I've had. SO DAMN BUSY! This is just barely edited, so please bear that in mind! Also, remember this is fiction so the names of the streets and stuff are completely made up!! Don't forget to tell me what you think in the comments!**

Tansy's POV

I sat down next to my mom on the couch as she rummaged through a large pile of comedy movies. I didn't want to be alone tonight, so I asked her if she wanted to hang out for the rest of the night since her boyfriend was visiting his son a few hours away.

"How about Bridesmaids?" She asked while holding the case up in question.

"Is that even a question?!" I demanded with a short giggle that she mimicked. We'd gotten the movie completely set up and had just pressed play when my phone rang. I threw my head back against the couch and groaned loudly before checking the caller ID and answering it.

"Hey bitch, what's up?" I asked, ignoring the glare my mother sent my way.

"Are you home right now? Please say yes." Evan begged on the other end.

"I'm not, but what's up?"

"Shit. I got in a massive, and I mean massive, fight with my dad. Can I crash at your place tonight?" She asked, her voice having a tinge of desperation to it.

"Absolutely. You know the answer is always yes. The spare key is where it always is." I said, my heart breaking for her and what I knew was probably yet another complication with her man. Well, that and her dad won't even let her breath in the same air as the opposite sex without getting over-protective. She was always there for me when I needed her, and I was going to return the favor.

"Um, just - uh - one more thing?" She mumbled, her tone coming out high and squeaky. That usually meant she wanted something that she knew would get her into trouble. Oh boy.

"...Yes?" I drew out the word skeptically, letting her know that I was on to her.

"Could Scar stay with me?" She rushed out, ripping the metaphorical band-aid off in one tug. I held my breath for a few seconds before I released a light laugh.

"I don't give a shit. Just please use protection and for the love of God, don't get any of his man juice on the sheets. I just washed them." I joked before my smile grew wider as I heard her sharp intake of breath, letting me know that she was definitely blushing bright red.

"You're the best. I seriously owe you so big. I'll see you tomorrow, kay?"

"Sure babe. Have a fun night." I giggled knowingly before ending the call. Mom gave me her spill it now look - the one with the pursed lips and single raised brow that I saw all throughout my teen years.

"It was Ev. Apparently Knox did what he does best yet again and now she's seeking refuge at my place with her new man." I explained calmly, knowing that this piece of information would make her lose her mind.

"She's got a man!?" She gasped, her face instantly morphing into one of surprise.

"I know, right! I don't know what you did with us, but we all fall way too hard way too quickly. Anyway, I can tell she's already head over heels for the guy. My guess is that she hid it from her dad, understandably, and he found out on his own in a less than ideal way." I said. She released a deep breath before rolling her eyes.

"I swear, that boy doesn't understand the basic logistics of how a woman's brain works. You say don't, so they do. Just forbidding her from seeing him, which is what I'm sure he did for whatever reason he decided was justifiable, is going to make her want him even more. You'd think after all these years having two daughters he would have even the slightest idea of what he's doing." She huffed out in disbelief. I just giggled before nodding, remembering all the times when we were growing up together that Knox would swoop in at some party or laid-back hangout and whisk us both home.