Chapter 20: Jake*

yay i got a lot of comments on the last chapter, im guessing becasue it was soooo good and because i'm sooooo awesome btu anyway here is the next chapter, enjoy!!! =)                            P.S. have no idea what the song has to do this chapter i just like it and i think you should listen to it =) and this is un edited 

                                                     NOLAN'S POV  

I watched as Emery walked away from me, again. I didn’t utter a word. I knew that no matter what I did she was going to walk away from me anyway. I stared after her until her form disappeared. I sighed as I turned around and started walking. 

I had lost count of how many times we had this argument. Of how many times she had walked away from me. But this time I knew it was different. I had this bad feeling in my gut that she was serious this time. She was really walking away from me and I would never, never get her back. 

I don’t know if I could live without Emery now. Before I had met her I thought I had the perfect life. I was the alpha’s son, was popular in school, had people constantly kissing my ass, friends, and a never ending supply of girls ready to do anything to get in bed with me. I was contented. And I didn’t want a mate at all. But after Emery showed up here, everything got turned upside down. Everything changed. Her beautiful smile, her amazingly long legs, her cute laugh, her chocolate brown eyes, her long hair, her fragileness. Everything about her just drove me crazy. All I wanted was her. I didn’t want anything that I had before, none of that mattered anymore. It was like my world was centered around her. 

When I realized how many feelings I was developing for her, I guess I was of kind of scared. I never felt like that before. I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to do. I didn’t want to seem like some pussy whipped guy to all my friends. I mean I was the alpha’s son, the most popular guy in school that gets all the girls. I didn’t want to lose that image, but I also didn’t want to lose Emery. So I tried to have both. I did the mates with benefits thing. We could have sex but no real relationship. Then no one would think I was some tied down wimp. Everything was great, but then Jordan showed up. 

I was happy to see Jordan. Her, Zayn, Zack, and I were all really good friends. I never really realized it back then, but she was seriously into me. She would constantly throw herself at me. Of course nothing ever became of her and I. When she moved away I was sad but I got over it quickly.

When she moved back here I thought she would have been over me. Apparently she wasn’t. When we attended the football game with Zayn and Zack, I could practically feel the tension in the air between Emery and Jordan. Every time Jordan whispered something in my ear or touched my leg I felt Emery tense up beside me. I wanted to push Jordan away, to tell her that it was me and Emery. But I didn’t want Zayn and Zack to think that I was pussy whipped. So I let Jordan do what she wanted and watched Emery get mad. 

I saw my car come into view and I walked over to it. I reached out to grab the handle when I felt someone’s hand on my shoulder. I turned to see that it was Zack. “Dude, not now.” I sighed.