Chapter 24: I Love You*

Caution: there is mature content located and this is the longest chapter i have ever written =) and this is dedicated to KenziT28 becasue she is my new friend =)     enjoy 

I sighed contented as I held Emery in my arms, our heart beats melting together. This was by far, the greatest moment of my life. 

A few seconds later some of the pack members took Zack, Zayn, and Mark out of the house and we all decided to get back home. With great difficulty I changed into my wolf, as my leg was throbbing painfully. For some reason Emery was unable to morph into her wolf. I’m guessing that that prick slipped something in her food or drink so she couldn’t change. 

I decided to carry her on my back while I ran. She climbed onto me and held on tight to my fur. Some others did the same with Mark, Zayn, and Zack as they were still unconscious. 

We ran through the woods all the way to my house. As soon as we got there we were greeted by mine and Emery’s parents. Her mother, Lisa, walked over to me, trying to take her down off of my back to hug her. An involuntary growl slipped from my lips making her shy away. I wanted to make sure that Emery was fully clothes before anyone saw her. I mind linked to my dad that I wanted to get us some clothes and he nodded, informing everyone else. They all nodded in understanding. 

What happened to your leg? my dad asked me. 

I hurt it in the fight, don’t worry it’s not that bad. I think it’ll heal in a few hours. I replied.

Well I think you should see the pack doctor, you might need to get something for it. 

Ok, just let me take care of my mate first. I said. My dad nodded his head, signaling for me to go.

I walked around to the back of my house and let Emery down off of my back. I quickly changed back to my human form. She smiled when she saw me, putting out her hand for me to take. I smiled back, taking her small hand in mine and walked her into the house through the back door. 

We went straight up to my room, shutting the door behind us. “Sit down.” I told her. 

“No, no you sit down.” she told me. “Your leg,” she looked down at it before quickly looking away, “you should rest.” 

“Emery I’m fine.” 

“No you’re not, look at your leg. Just sit down. I think I can manage getting out a few pieces of clothing.” 

I sighed before agreeing with her. I sat down on my bed and she smiled, kissing my forehead lightly. She then walked over to my closet, looking for something for us to put on. While she did that I laid back, shutting my eyes for a few moments. I hadn’t slept since Emery was taken and it didn’t bother me much that I was so deprived. But now that I had found her it was like all the tiredness was thrown onto me, weighing me down so much that I was fighting to keep my eyes open.