Chapter 14: You've Stolen My Happiness

Bonnie's Pov

"You need to calm down Bonnie

"You need to calm down Bonnie. Your scaring some of the pack members and they look up to you for guidance. Plus the blood covering you isn't really reassuring" my father said as I paced back and forth in the pack hospital.

"I can't worry about that right now. My mate is hurt and there is nothing I can do. I thought they were after me but, they wanted him" I sighed.

"Someone must of figured out he was your mate which meant they must of been tailing you for a while. They killed the two guards watching you which was what allowed the rogue to even get that close" Henry spoke.

 They killed the two guards watching you which was what allowed the rogue to even get that close" Henry spoke

"Right now I don't care how about the rogue. I just want to know if Damon is okay. I told him to leave so he wouldn't get hurt but, instead he stayed" I sighed taking a seat.

"He may be human but, that doesn't mean he can't feel the mate bond. Probably not as strong as you do but, he'll still feel protective and he's a man. It isn't your fault Bonnie" my father told me.

"It is my fault. His life was normal before me and after tonight everything will change for him. He'll never see the world the same again" I murmured.

"You can't worry about that at the moment" he breathed.

"How can't I dad? My mate is human and it never really mattered until now. Until I saw him laying there bloody and unconscious. He isn't like us and that means he'll always be in danger. Tonight just opened my eyes to how much risk I'll be taking by bringing him into this life,...my life" I explained placing my head in my hands. My dad didnt say anything but, instead rubbed my back to try and comfort me.

"Alpha" I heard someone call causing me to look up.

"How is he?" I asked Leila.

"The cuts weren't too deep but, he did require stitches. They should heal up fine. He does have a minor concussion but, I've given him some painkillers to ease his pain and checked for any more damaged. There wasn't any so, I provided him with a sedative. He's sleeping now and won't be up until tomorrow" she answered.

"Thank you" I breathed.

"Your welcome. Would you like to see him?" she questioned.

"Not like this, um I'll just wait. Henry post two guards outside his room to keep watch and make sure nothing happens. I'm going to retire to my room" I spoke.

"Of course Alpha" he replied bowing his head slightly, before excusing himself.

"Bonnie are you okay?" my dad asked and by his tone I could tell he was worried so I quickly slipped on my Alpha face .

"I'm fine just tired. Excuse me. Leila let me know if something changes" I sighed walking away.

Swiftly I left the hospital and headed back to the pack house. It was really late so, everyone was already in bed asleep when I walked in. Which meant they wouldn't see me covered in my mates blood.

The first thing I did was take a shower. I stared at my feet watching the red water run down the drain. When I was finished I changed into my pajamas and went to my office. The events from tonight were too fresh in my brain for me to try and sleep so, I decided to work and figure out how I was gonna deal with tomorrow.

⏩⏩⏩

"Is he up?" I asked Leila the next morning when I walked into the pack hospital.

"Yes but, he isn't doing so well. He was asking what happened and he wants to see you" she spoke her voice full of worry.

"Okay. Thank you" I breathed before heading down the hall to his room. When I entered he was up out of the bed looking out the window.

"You need to get back in bed or your going tear your stitches" I spoke gaining his attention

"Where am I?" he questioned turning around while holding his side. Sighing I walked over and helped him sit.

"Your in the hospital" I answered.

"Bonnie I'm not stupid so, don't treat me like it. I remember everything from last night but, what really stood out was you. You didn't seem as scared as I was of that wolf" he murmured looking at me.

"That's because I grew up around them" I replied.

"Huh?" Damon asked confused.

"I know it may sound unbelievable and I was really hoping we wouldn't have this talk so early but, I can't lie to you. The reason I wasn't scared of that wolf was because I come from a bloodline of werewolves" I told him.

"That's funny Bon" he chuckled.

"I'm not playing Damon, look" I said sticking out my hands so he could see my claws. I didn't want to fully transform because it would only frighten him more than necessary.

He stared at it with just as I suspected, shock and slight fear. For a minute I thought he'd be okay but, then he slowly moved back away from me. His eyes didn't leave my hands.

"Please leave" he whispered but, I heard him and it hurt. He was rejecting me and although I knew this would mostly likely happen, it didn't change the fact him not accepting me was heart wrenching.

"Okay but, you are safe here Damon. No one's going to hurt you" I mumbled before walking out.

Before I closed the door I took one last look at him. He was staring at the stitches across his chest and the fear in his eyes had grew. The little hope I had that he would be okay with everything was stolen by that rogue last night and now I wanted revenge.

📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮

I've worked on this chapter for three days and I'm still not happy about it but, it needed to be published. Anyways Bonnie told Damon and he didn't react well. I know that in other books when they tell there mates it's usually very overreacted. I didn't want that. Next you'll get a glimpse into his thoughts. What do you think he'll do? Bonnie wants revenge but, at what cost?

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮📮