Chapter 16: My Place Is By Your Side

Bonnie's Pov

"Then let me figure it out

"Then let me figure it out. Explain it to me. I don't want to do something without knowing everything first. Let me into your world" he said.

"No. You need to leave" I sighed walking over to the window behind my desk. I stared out at some of my pack members as I rubbed my chest trying to ease the pain.

"Bon I'm not leaving until you talk to me " he said determined,

"I wanted to talk yesterday but, you didn't seem happy with the idea" I mumbled.

"I'm sorry but, it was all surprising. I didn't understand what was happening" Damon told me.

"And you think now you'll understand. You, a human. My world is totally different from yours so, you couldn't possibly understand, okay. The sad part is that before yesterday I had hoped you would. Then I thought about it and things could never work out" I sighed.

"Bonnie just give me a second chance, please" he breathed coming over and touching my arms.

The familiar sparks danced across my skin from his touch but, instead of pleasure I felt pain. The pain of what I couldn't have, even though I want it so bad. Looking into his eyes I saw that he was being sincere so, I sighed and went over to the leather couch I had in my office. Sitting down, I waited for him to join me.

"When a werewolf is small they are taught about mates. They're our soulmates, the other halves of ourselves. The one person in the world your destined to be with. It isn't until your 18th birthday that the mate bond is set into place. Most wolves find there mate pretty quickly and some never find them" I spoke.

"And I'm your mate?" he asked.

"Yes" I answered.

"How do you know?"he questioned.

"When the bond is activated it's like an attack on our senses. Your smell becomes familiar, and when we touch it's almost electric" I murmured.

"Like this" Damon said grabbing my hand.

"Yeah" I breathed feeling goosebumps cover my arm. Pulling away, I tucked my hands underneath my legs.

"Anyway, when I turned 18 I didn't feel the bond. I even traveled around to other packs searching for my mate. Over the years I started losing hope. It wasn't until we met in the bar that I found you and I realized you were human" I explained.

"Is me being human a bad thing?" Damon whispered looking down. Some of his hair fell into his face causing him to look younger.

"For regular wolves no but, for an Alpha it's a problem. Which is why we have to sever the bond" I told him.

"What will happen when the bond is broken?" he questioned.

"You'll be fine and eventually all feelings for me will start to fade. Everything would return to normal" I hummed looking to the side.

"There's something your not saying. Is breaking the bond going to hurt you Bonnie? Tell me" he insisted.

"Once the bond is severed and you reject me as your mate, my wolf will slowly start to fade as well until it's gone completely. Without my wolf I'll fall into depression until I die from a broken heart" I mumbled keeping my eyes anywhere but, on him.

"What the hell?!? I'm not doing it!" he exclaimed standing up.

"You have no choice" I snapped.

"How can you even ask this of me? To willing be the cause of your death Bonnie" Damon said.

"Cause I would rather it be me than you Damon!!" I yelled getting up.

"Huh?" he murmured confused.

"I'm an Alpha Damon. A leader of one of the largest packs in the U.S. You don't think that makes me a target or gives me enemies? There are plenty of people who'd do anything to see us fall. Once they figure out that I've not only found my mate but, that your human they'll be coming for you. They'll try to hurt you just to get to me and I can't allow that to happen. I won't let them, even if that means I have to die" I told him.

"Your not going to die for me Bonnie. You can't" he breathed placing his hands on my face. I allowed him too because it felt nice and his touch calmed me.

"Why?" I asked looking up at him.

"Because I love you and breaking this bond isn't going to stop that. I couldn't walk away if I wanted to and I don't. You said it yourself, my place is right here by your side. They can come for me if they want but, I'm not leaving" he said determined.

The look in eyes showed me that there was no point in arguing with him because his mind was made up. Even though I wanted to protect him, the fact that he loved me and he wanted to stay wasn't something I could ignore. I didn't want to.

"I love you too" I breathed wrapping my arms around him and burying my face in his chest.

🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Yes I know it's been a while and I'm sorry. I've been trying to get my life together. Bonnie explained everything to Damon and he accepted. Though next chapter more trouble is coming. Be prared. So, I'm thinking of setting up scheduled days for updates. What you think? What day would you like your updates?

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬